Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello,

I had a previous topic about the blurry rear view mirror in my 220d. On the advice of several members replying to the post I contacted Lexus Glasgow and arrangements were made for me to take the car in and have the mirror replaced with a 'modified ' version under warranty.

On the arranged day I made a 50 mile trip to the garage only to be told that the ' job sheet ' hadn't been made up and the mirror wasn't there. Great.

I went back another day only to be informed that the wrong mirror had been ordered and it wasn't suitable for my car. Another 50 miles, great.

I was told there was nothing they could do but on mentioning that I had never had problems with my previous car dealer( Beemer) they took a mirror from an 09 car in the showroom and swiftly fitted it to my car.

Hope this was just an anomaly, but first impressions weren't good.

At least they put 20 quid of diesel in the tank for the inconvenience.

Hi Philbert.

I've gone to Lexus Glasgow since I got my IS in late 2006, they've been pretty good in my experience. Although on a couple of occasions their service booking system has let them down, both times they have sorted out the problem without inconveniencing me - so can't really complain. I previously drove a VW & the Glasgow dealer I used was completely woeful, so maybe I'm starting with fairly low expectations!

Hopefully you'll not have any repeats of your initial experiences.

That's a real confidence booster guys :crybaby:

After taking their advice, I've got a 280 mile trip to Lexus Glasgow on Friday to get my "CHECK VSC" checked. (See my post in 'Engine & Transmission'.)

It fits in well with the wife's shopping itinerary........ but there better not be any anomalies :angry:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links