Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Nearside Wheel Noise

Hi fellas, please if you can offer your expertise and knowledge to this Lexus driver who is currently embarrased to drive his much beloved car it would be greatly appreciated.

I had my wheel bearing changed on the front nearside wheel about 3 weeks ago due to a thudding noise coming from that wheel and i thought all of my problems had gone. However about 3 days ago whilst having the stereo on quite low i noticed a squeaking rubbery sound coming from the nearside front wheel, then upon driving further even in straight lines the car has begun to make noises i can only describe as squeaking/creaking metal that gets worse the further i drive. A mate said it could be a dry bush and this has since been lubricated but that only stopped the noise for a few minutes and it has since come back.

I have had the wheel off and the car jacked up on both sides to make a comparison and couldn't see anything of any difference on either side, and upon turning the steering wheel no noise was heard. The only thing i did notice was that the screws (that the locking wheel nuts attach to) on the front nearside wheel slightly moved whereas on the front offside they didn't move, could this be a hint to my problems? I could probably do with new front discs anyway, but surely that wouldn't make that sort of noise?

Also i did push down on the bonnet at the front nearside and the car did make a squeaking noise whilst stationary, is this suspension problems?

Anyone have similar issues or any ideas, your help would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Hi fellas, please if you can offer your expertise and knowledge to this Lexus driver who is currently embarrased to drive his much beloved car it would be greatly appreciated.

I had my wheel bearing changed on the front nearside wheel about 3 weeks ago due to a thudding noise coming from that wheel and i thought all of my problems had gone. However about 3 days ago whilst having the stereo on quite low i noticed a squeaking rubbery sound coming from the nearside front wheel, then upon driving further even in straight lines the car has begun to make noises i can only describe as squeaking/creaking metal that gets worse the further i drive. A mate said it could be a dry bush and this has since been lubricated but that only stopped the noise for a few minutes and it has since come back.

I have had the wheel off and the car jacked up on both sides to make a comparison and couldn't see anything of any difference on either side, and upon turning the steering wheel no noise was heard. The only thing i did notice was that the screws (that the locking wheel nuts attach to) on the front nearside wheel slightly moved whereas on the front offside they didn't move, could this be a hint to my problems? I could probably do with new front discs anyway, but surely that wouldn't make that sort of noise?

Also i did push down on the bonnet at the front nearside and the car did make a squeaking noise whilst stationary, is this suspension problems?

Anyone have similar issues or any ideas, your help would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

wow your writing is big.

did he lub the anti roll bar bushes? i had a squeek lubed up the anti roll bar bushes all gone and that was months ago.has the backing plate been pushed on to the lower arm, are your pads low,is the backing plate touching the disk?

their you go mate a few things you can check.

hi

i have a similar porblem no success in finding the problem so far, i have had it at my local garage three times, each time telling me theres nothing wrong with it from close inspection!!!! bull!!! when driving i have a constant sound, to me it sounds like the disc touching the pad, (not shims as have checked pad), an also when stationary if i turn steering wheel on occassions i get a creaking noise coming from front. not a clue myself and so far no one else does but im hoping some one out there can help us!!lol like you said, driving a lexus with these noises aint exactly cool!

thanks

Hi,

I had a similar problem with my Toyota Celica. I had a constant squeeking noise when driving around. I took it a few garages had break pads sanded down/greased etc. Still the problem continued and the garages said they could not find anything wrong. In the end I took it to a Toyota dealer. Turns out that it was a stuck caliper. I had to have a new one fitted which got rid of the noise.

May not be the same but something to look at.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links