Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Greddy Profec

A boost controller lets you adjust the boost the car runs, usually used in turbo applications, basically it has a solenoid that keeps the wastegate closed for longer I think.

Boost controllers can only raise boost though - you cannot limit boost with a boost controller.

I've got one of these, nice bit of kit :)

hi there,

i was wondering what is the greddy profe b spex II boost controller? as i seen one for sale on another forum

thanks

I tried one out on the charger kit, you need to change the bypass for an actuator. I got one from america but it didnt work as well as expected and i wouldnt recommend.

With the standard charger kit its of no use.

stav

A boost controller lets you adjust the boost the car runs, usually used in turbo applications, basically it has a solenoid that keeps the wastegate closed for longer I think.

Boost controllers can only raise boost though - you cannot limit boost with a boost controller.

I've got one of these, nice bit of kit :)

I think you can limit boost, cant you just have the solenoid NO instead of NC

That £140 is a good price - I paid £170 second hand!

As something totally different, if you just want the numbers why not get one of the AEM TruBoost controllers? They're a similar price but a gauge but with a much fancier display (and also a boost controller should you ever need it)?

I think the Profec E01 can alter settings on the eManage Ultimate so if you're thinking of going down that route then the E01 would be your best bet, although probably overkill - then again any boost controller on a TTE SC really is to be fair.

As something totally different, if you just want the numbers why not get one of the AEM TruBoost controllers? They're a similar price but a gauge but with a much fancier display (and also a boost controller should you ever need it)?

I think the Profec E01 can alter settings on the eManage Ultimate so if you're thinking of going down that route then the E01 would be your best bet, although probably overkill - then again any boost controller on a TTE SC really is to be fair.

i like the look of the AEM but i wont alter any settings on the eManage ultimate as i dont want to muck it up.

Not on the ultimate it can't. only the emanage blue.

i like the look of the AEM but i wont alter any settings on the eManage ultimate as i dont want to muck it up.

The E01 is only useable as a display/gauge with the TTE setup mate,

i tried using the actuator but it didnt work so well.

Stav

I think its a 52mm gauge, but once again youve no need of a boost controller

right thanks stav if i dont need a boost controller then what option i have to get a decent boost gauge a like the way the AEM looks

depends. theres loads of nice boost gauges out there but their mainly at 1.5 - 2bar range and the TTE boosts at 0.3 bar so i barely moves much.

Its whatever you like but i'd stick with Greddy, Defi, HKS, something well known and recommended.

Stav

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links