Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Thinking Of Getting An Rx300 Se Mark 2

Hi All,

I'm thinking of replacing my is200se for a Rx300 se or sel but reading through the forums i'm a little bit worried of the problems people are having like:

1) front tyre wear

2) sensors on the air Suspension failing

3) lurking gearbox

4) possible Cd changer issues and after my is200 cd failed i was able to change for an after martket but doubt you can do this with the rx300.

Is there anything else i need to look out for? I will be looking for a 53 or 04 plate with around 70,000 miles with full service history and will take out a third party warranty.

any info much appreciated.

Ps probably looking to spend around 10 grand.

Cheers

As you're asking for advice - I'd suggest that if you have any concerns, then buy an AUC that will come with a full 12 month Lexus Warranty and peace of mind.

Plenty of second hand RXs about - you just have to pick and choose from those available and get one you like. Remember to negotiate hard (regardless if buying privately or AUC) as no-one really wants these vehicles. It should be possible to find a good tidy, FLSH low mileage vehicle.

As for Third Party Warranty - don't bother. Totally useless IMHO. The only warranty worth having is the genuine Lexus one. I had an RX and extended the Warranty each year and posted my claims experience on this Forum...in essence,worth every penny and no valid claim was rejected. Paperless claims, no excess to pay and totally cashless.

Mines an 04 Plate with just over 47k miles.

had it 4 years only issues have been, tyre wear at the front, poor fuel economy (but hey I don't pay for fuel)

Gearbox has been fine had no other issues at all, air suspension etc etc all fine.

Doubt I would get £10k for mine, so you should get a bargain.

Hi Guys

I have just read over the thread of notes and have found them already very insightful. I am looking to purchase a Lexus for the very first time. I am currently looking at either the Lexus 300h or 400h, between 3-5 years old depending on what i can get given my budget of around £15K.

If you have any advice from your own experience I would be most grateful. Some of my questions are as follows:-

- What constitutes a high mileage for these vehicles?

- Is a FLSH and a VIN number a must have pre-requisite for even viewing a vehicle?

- Do Lexus offer independent vehicle inspection prior to purchase?

- Given the age / mileage of the vehicle (3-5 years) are there certain maintenance etc that should have been carried out?

- Where can I purchase a Lexus AUC warranty once I have purchased my vehicle?

- Automatic versus Manual?

Any advice you can offer would be very gratfully received

Thank you

Paul, having read your (confusing) post, I would suggest you read through the forum more carefully (se the SEARCH button ;) ) and the car reviews offered on other sites to help give you a better understanding of the RX.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links