Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello all,

I took my Lex IS220 in yesterday for a number of reasons. Two of which were the steering wheel not being straight, and handling being twitchy at speed. Lexus had the car for a full day, which meant I had to have the day off work as I work shifts and Lexus wouldn't let me have a courtesy car for more than one day.

To cut a long story short, I went to pick the car up yesterday evening and they hadn't done anything with it! Just "some investigatory work". So now I have to take it back on May 30th - they want it for three days!!!

So........how much do you guys think I should pay for a geometry check? Lexus want £120 and say it isn't covered by the warranty!

P.S.

Cat = Hotty :wub:

So they can't do it for a month ??

No, they want it for three days, so I need a car for about four days. That narrows the time frame for the booking considerably. I was waiting three weeks just to get it in and have a courtesy car for a day.

Does anybody know a decent place in Kent I can take it to get the geometry done?

So they can't do it for a month ??

No, they want it for three days, so I need a car for about four days. That narrows the time frame for the booking considerably. I was waiting three weeks just to get it in and have a courtesy car for a day.

Does anybody know a decent place in Kent I can take it to get the geometry done?

Book a day off and Drive to Tony

also you will save Money as it will not cost you £60 in fuel to get there and back

and you know it will be done right

I did it when i had my IS200 From Brum to Watford when Tony was there

And i guess i might be back down soon

as Lexus changed the steering rack and i want it correct. I.E Even tyre wear and make sure the steering wheel is perfect

A trip to Chesham (WIM) is well worth it mate :)

BTW which dealer was mucking you about ? I think they were just a bit busy and you got bumped IMO.

It was T.Wells. They have good rep, from what I've been told on here before. I'm going to have a go at making Lex do the geometry for free, since as I think them doing the steering recall has mucked it all up! How far away is Chesham?

As a side note, I asked the after sales service manager if they ever looked at this site. He said no, so I've suggested he does!

They are also replacing some fork something or others as I complained about the clunky gearbox, has anybody had this done?

Matt

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links