Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bad Petrol Smell, Cant Work Out Why

Saraj

Hi everyone,

Had i problem today with the astra, the car was parked facing upwards on my street, and due to low petrol, the car would not start, i had to go and get some petrol and filled my car up.

I had a bit left in the cannister, now the canniset was in the kitchen for about 1 hour, of which I then emptied it contents in to a drain outside in the yard.

My living theres no smell, kitchen no smell, but in the hallway at the front of the house, its stinks of it, and my parents house next door stinks of it aswell.

I just cant work out why !!!

any help to get rid of it aswell

The answer is in your question

I then emptied it contents in to a drain outside in the yard
- it is illegal to put oil or petrol either into the surface water drain or sewer. The reason is it is dangerous ( vapours are inflammable ). You may be smelling the vapours coming up through the drains or overflows in baths / sinks.

Where is the "canister" now? It's also illegal to transport or store petrol in a non-approved container.

oh sh** woops,

learn something every day, the smell has gone now, with leaving all doors open for the morning.

the cannister is empty and is one of those designed for petrol or diesal, thats something i would not do store petrol within the property, as my cousins house set alight by him storing the containers in his shed, during the petrol stike many years ago, hes a taxi driver so had a backup plan which ended up with his house on fire

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links