Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I managed to obtain a second hand CD changer from a Birmingham breakers for £150. However when going along the road if I hit a manhole cover or bad bump the CD sometimes jumps a bit on the track.

Have any other Mk1&2 owners had this problem and how did you overcome it?

TIA

Hi N55GUS,

You have kept the adjustable line parallel with the postion of the unit, if so then the rubber montings that soak the vibrations are starting fail. When you remove the cover on the changer, there will 4 - 6 rubber supports on the base of the laser table, it's these mountings that stop the vibrations from reaching the laser head. When you remove the mountings, keep a note which one goes where, they will have different damper ratings, it these that may need replacing. To my knowledge, you can not repair these.

You may find that changing the postion of the changer and mounting extra dampers - foam or rubber - between the unit and mounting base could also help.

Paul

norkep,

Many thanks for that info, I will have a look at the changer again soon, I still also have my old CD changer with the dodgy nylon gear, this may have better dampers than my replacement one.

RGDS Gus

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links