Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

More Power

As ye all probably know the is200 isnt really the best for low down power. i have big plans of doing a conversion of either the 2jzgte supra or the 1uzfe v8, if we ever get out of this recession that is :tsktsk: . but i was just wondering is there any other mods besides turbo/supercharging that i can do to give it more low down power. i already have a janspeed catback exhaust, and a k&n panel filter, and i want to get an induction kit and a decat, is there anything else that i could do, what mods have ye done. thanks.

A K&N panel filter won't add BHP, but it may increase mpg slightly (1-2 mpg max).

I have a K&N panel filter and the only reason I have one is once you fit you don't need to replace it- its a lifetime unit which only needs a clean/recharge every 50k.

A K&N panel filter won't add BHP, but it may increase mpg slightly (1-2 mpg max).

I have a K&N panel filter and the only reason I have one is once you fit you don't need to replace it- its a lifetime unit which only needs a clean/recharge every 50k.

yea, thats why i got it, so i dont have to replace, im better off wit an induction kit tho.

An induction kit won't necessarily increase the bhp, though it'll certainly increase the noise. It could even reduce the bhp if the intake is routed over the exhaust manifold and thereby gets heated up.

The K&N filter probably does increase bhp by a couple, but you wouldn't notice it.

I would clean my K&N more often than every 50K if I were you, it'll still get clogged up with insects and other debris.

An induction kit won't necessarily increase the bhp, though it'll certainly increase the noise. It could even reduce the bhp if the intake is routed over the exhaust manifold and thereby gets heated up.

The K&N filter probably does increase bhp by a couple, but you wouldn't notice it.

I would clean my K&N more often than every 50K if I were you, it'll still get clogged up with insects and other debris.

i actually meant a cold air intake. sorry.

aye the camcon adjusts the VVTi or something along those lines and i've heard reports from a couple people that if set up accordingly it can give more low down grunt. quite pricey though for what they are IMO....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links