Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Evap Solenoid And K&n Typhoon

Help? I have installed the K&N Typhoon system in my LEX IS300 and in the instructions I am meant to attach a rubber hose to a vent on the metal intake and onto the EVAP solenoid but the Solenoid is not where it is supposed to be and wasn't on the old air intake system, is this right? what should i do with the vent on the intake if its not used? thanks in advance

I now have an answer from K&N themselves should anyone have been wondering.

The intake system for the Lexus IS300, was designed for U.S. spec vehicles. There are different emissions standards between the two vehicle types. If the evap solenoid does not have a vent line connecting to the factory intake system, you should be able to cap the open vent line that is on the K&N intake tube. The key is to make sure that all factory vents and sensor outputs are accounted for. If they are, the system should function properly.

You can't get better than from the horses mouth! ..... so they say :unsure:

Hopefully this will be of value to the IS300 guy's. All I got from them is that they do not cater for the GS300 - with the typhoon filter anyway.

I am hoping the same :unsure:

Strange that they won't cater for the GS300 thought it was the same engine? If so worth a try fitting it, the difference is amazing especially the noise!!

It has been tried before by members on here but it lead to rough running for the GS

Help? I have installed the K&N Typhoon system in my LEX IS300 and in the instructions I am meant to attach a rubber hose to a vent on the metal intake and onto the EVAP solenoid but the Solenoid is not where it is supposed to be and wasn't on the old air intake system, is this right? what should i do with the vent on the intake if its not used? thanks in advance

Yes - that is for the US cars - UK ones don't have it. I used a short length of silicon hose with a bolt in the other end held in place with a hose clip then secured this to the engine bay with a cable tie - very airtight and doesn't look too DIY.

yeah I gave up on finding a sealed hose and tried a few sealing hose clip solutions too - but none worked as well or looked as good as the bolt.

I know Roop sealed the end of a hose when he had his by melting it - i tried that too but found the bolt to be a better looking solution.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links