Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Problems With Headunit!

Hello guys first of all im new to the LOC. so Hey Everyone!!

I fitted my new double din cd player today brought the autoleads facia kit and amp bypass cable the PC2-92-4.

When i fitted the amp bypass cable there is a cable on the loom that says SUB but its just a loose wire do i have to connect this to anything??

And another thing is my clock illuminates all the time now even with the key not in the ignition

Any ideas??

Cheers Guys!!

Hi Mate welcome to the club!!

i didn't connect my sub cable to anything,

The autoleads bypass cable's are often troublesome,

can't help you with the clock staying on tho!! maybe someone in the know will be along shortly.

Just out of interest, does your stereo switch on & off with ignition key???

Best of luck mate,

Get some pics of the car up aswell.

Sorry cant help you mate, my problem that came from fitting the autoleads cable was that everything was powered up all the time, managed to finally get roung that one eventually.

If you unplug the amp bypass cable, does this take away the problem with the clock lighting up??

if it does then the problem is down to the by-pass lead,

also did any one else notice a drop in sound quality i mean the standard lexus system was really good with great depth and everything and now iv fitted an after market one i have no where near as much sound quality and the front speakers distort badly now.............

quite the opposite.

ive found when fitting to the oem speakers that they sound better with a good Heah Unit. Ive done 5 of these now and everybody was happy with it!

It may be the HU you are using or that you are turning it up too much and expecting too much from them..

Whats the HU?

i agree with redz on this i fitted a after market head unit and the sound was much better so much so that people thought i'd done the whole system.is your head unit connected up right ie no loose wires all the terminals in the right place/order ie +to+ and -to-? all the earths ok?(the head unit i have req a seperate earth not just the one on the standard loom.)

youve answered all your own questions mate..

buy cheap, buy twice..

a good CD based double din shouldnt cost any more than £200... if you want DVD expect to pay in the region of £350 +. The more you want from it the more it will cost..

let us know a budget and the MUST HAVE features and im sure we can suggest something

Well i should have known better i have a alpine d310 flip out screen in my civic audio car.....

But iwas offered this unit and only paid £40 for it lol from a friend so i will make that back ill just bung it on eBay.

REDZ uk Thanks for your help and everyone else to,

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links