Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 More Power!

Hey guys! I am new to this forum so please excuse me if this is a repeated topic.

I have recently bought an Is200 (1g) LHD and am completly happy with it, even the engine sounds brilliant, but unfortunatly it does not have the power to go with the sound:(

I have looked around for a long time at different supercharger / turbo kits and engine swaps and have come to the conclusion to dismiss a 2jz etc. because its too much work and im not looking for that kind of power,). It looks like the best options are either a 3s-ge from the altezza since it should fit in without much problem or a turbo/sc kit. My engine has almost done 100'000 ks though and i am worried about faliure of the internals if I try to get too much power out of it.

my ultimate goal is 200-250+ reliable hp if possible without spending more than 6/7k dollars.

Thanks for your help and any suggestions / experiance!!

why not look at a 1G-GTE conversion or 3S-GTE? conversions are going to be your best bet unless you can find a TTE charger in which case you should be able to get between 200-250 depending on other mods ontop.

Is there any way of converting the 1g-fe to a gte and keeping the bottom end? as I understand, the difference of the gte is the head and there are lots of these lying around on eBay.

Is there any way of converting the 1g-fe to a gte and keeping the bottom end? as I understand, the difference of the gte is the head and there are lots of these lying around on ebay.

The GTE has different pistons and rod, which are something you can use to strengthen the 1G-FE if you can get hold of those. Think the bottom end also has a difference in that it has oil squirters to cool the pistons. So all of the head/block/internals have differences, I think.

I think that Sam put the bottom end and internals of a 1G-GTE into his IS200, keeping the head. Though I could be wrong.

i am guessing you are not swiss?? do you know about the DTC certification for major mods like engine change in CH????

your only option without spending your life savings in switzerland for certification after an engine change is go and see bemani at beinwil am see for a compressor kit. will still cost u a fortune tho..... 9,500 chf to be exact (£5,326)

i also know that they do a supercharger. http://www.prolex-uk.com/store/product_inf...products_id=728

He's never completed/made that kit.

Dave's car is the only one, and his kit is up on eBay now, but you'll still need internals ecu etc.

Before you do anything to the 1GFE engine you need to uprate the internals (rods pistons). or swap the engine.

i am guessing you are not swiss?? do you know about the DTC certification for major mods like engine change in CH????

your only option without spending your life savings in switzerland for certification after an engine change is go and see bemani at beinwil am see for a compressor kit. will still cost u a fortune tho..... 9,500 chf to be exact (£5,326)

No, im not swiss :) I know you pay alot but im not sure how much they charge for an engine swap certification. I have considered the bemani kit and almost 10 grand is way to much for the performance gain. What trouble have you had so far with the DTC? As far as I know, even a simple induction kit is illegal.

Do you think it would be a good idea to import an is300 manual from the states? they go for around 14000 dollars for a good one ( 15000.-). I know the shipping costs will not be too much, but I am worried about the extra homologation costs / import taxes etc. for Switzerland. Anyone with any experience in this field would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks for everyones help!

i had a RHD from the uk and brought it over when i moved here - it had the tte kit and i went to bemani to get the certificate for the MFK - bemani had the DTC certification already and bemani certified my car.

however because the pipes had TTE on them if caused loads of problems at the MFK.... in the end i had to get a letter from bemani and toyota CH to say the bemani and TTE kit are the same.

for taxes you will pay about 8% - i would just buy an is300 if i were you but check with the zoll - give them a call and they will help, there is an import centre in zrh that deals with cars - cant remember the address but the people at the STVA in zurich know it ( tram 13 BTW)

and yes u are correct an induction kit is 100% illegal and u will have BIG problems if u were stopped in the random controls they have.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links