Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Full Geometry Set-up To Wim Settings In Scotland

Well, I called CLCM today to see if I could book my baby in for WIM G\eo' set-up. It's a goer for me on wednesday 1st July at 11:00 a.m. Have asked if he can do more than mine on that day and Willie said no problems. He is booking out a whole day just in case any others from Haggis land can go down to on that day??

Will anyone manage?

Know anyone else who could go?

If I don't hear anything by tommorow night (thursday 25th June) I have to call Willie and let him know, so he can free his bookings up again.

Col :winky: :)

How much is he charging Col ?

I think around £60 squdlies. I really don't mind if he does a good job how muchit works out mate.

Col... :winky: :D

Think i may come along, im off work on the 1st July. 65 miles from me but would be a nice drive home. Does he have the Hunter Machine and has he agreed to WIM'S settings, would he be willing to speak to Tony if required ?

Sorry for all the questions but if im traveling 130miles i just want to make sure.

Thanks, Tommy

Think i may come along, im off work on the 1st July. 65 miles from me but would be a nice drive home. Does he have the Hunter Machine and has he agreed to WIM'S settings, would he be willing to speak to Tony if required ?

Sorry for all the questions but if im traveling 130miles i just want to make sure.

Thanks, Tommy

Yep, I am told he has the same equipment as Tony at WIM. Yep, I have a copy of settings that Tony gave to me. Will I try to book you in or will you call Willie at CLCM and make your own appointment for the 1st July Tommy.

If you want to do it yourself here are the details mate:

Willie

CLCM Tyre Service

11 Bankhead Drive

Edinburgh

EH11 4EJ

0131-458 5559

Just let me know what you decide Tommy.

Col...... :winky:

col. do i have to book myself in?

Can if you want Asi. or I can do it for same day? I'm bein done at 11:00 am. Going start off early on the wednesday morning to get there on time. I got to let Willie know tomorrow if more peeps are coming on the sane day mate.

Col :)

I'm offshore at the moment, 2 weeks to go, or I'd have been there. Tires are still quite new, and would be good to keep them for a wee while longer. Easy for me i'm just 10 mins round the by-pass. I'll look to go another time, but sounds like he's the place for us. Do you know if the setings are the same from all the IS200's? I've a funny feeling they alter a bit with the year. I'm a '99 IS200 Sport.

I'll give him a ring Col. Thanks for the info mate. Look forward to meeting up mate.

Cheers, Tommy

Hi Tommy, guys, Well wednesday is approaching fast.. Is anyone else going down to CLCM in Edinburger for Geo set-up??? Geez a shout if you are...

Col.. :winky: :lol:

Hi Colin, im going to have to give it a miss mate, sorry, someone in work has pulled a sickie and im having to cover.

Let us know of your experience mate and i'll try to make it another time.

Cheers, Tommy

im going to have pull out aswell because i am going to fit the new intercooler on wednesday morning

sorry Col.

Not to worry guys, I'll let you know how it goes.

Col...

Any update Colin ?

Hi Tommy, I got the same question from Tony at WIM and posted the following on their forum:

-------------------------

Well it went quite well. The settings on the front were way out, particularily on the front nearside. Unfortunately, Willie had problems with the the rear. The adjuster nut thingies (excuse the technical detail), caused a problem preventing full adjustment. Something to do with a lug on the rear offside being in the wrong position, and washers on another two bolt adjuster things. They were corroded, and really need replacing. He spent a while trying to figure out ways of doing the full set-up but could only get an "almost" result. Willie told me that if I get the nut thingy's sorted, he can do the the full thing, and that if I get it done within 4 months, he'll do the whole thing again for a good price. Charged me £48.00 for the work he carried out, which I thought was OK as he was well over an hour trying to get a full result.

He also told me that if I noticed no difference, to bring it back. Well, i do notice a difference. The car isn't so twitchy at higher cruising speed, and, the tram-lining seems to have gone completely.

Although, Willie said I needn't go rushing to get the nut doo-daa's fixed, do you think I should do it mate??

I also have some piccies of the event and a couple of AVI's... where can I put these so you can have a look at them??

---------------------------------------------------------------

As an addition, when I post the piccies, Willie of CLCM says to tell you all that the equipment you see on them won't be there in a couple of weeks. He is getting a new rigout which will cope with up to 22" wheels (As on the new Rolls-Royce). So, he is moving with the times. My feeling is that he is a genuine guy focused on customer service. He seemed to do his best for me, and has said that when (and if) I get my nut/bolt thingies fixed if I have any problems, the mechanic/engineer can call him direct and he'd explain what is needed. I think this is good service? Wot ya all think??

I'll get the AVI's and the piccies on shortly.

Cheers

Col.. :winky: :) :D

Piccies of my CLCM Edninburgh Geo' set-up. Willie has given his full permission to post... enjoy.. (Maybe they ain't so good though!!??)

Col. :unsure:

SNC10825.jpg

SNC10834.jpg

SNC10826.jpg

SNC10827.jpg

SNC10829.jpg

SNC10830.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links