Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Struggling For Power

I was out yesterday and had to make a fairly long trip out to kent and back, and not sure if it was the heat, but the car was really down on power........on steepish hills, the car was actually slowing down going up the hill which I've never experienced before.

I was out again at night and the car was back to its usual self, so it has to be the heat that was causing it, but having said that it's been hot before and while you do feel a slight loss of power when the AC is working hard, it's never been as bad as it was yesterday.

Was anyone else suffering the same thing, or could there be something wrong with the car, and if so what?

i did get a problem with heat the other week when it was hot, and it kicked up a fault with the air flow sensor, i think i may have been sat to close to traffic in front when stationary and it was sucking in too much hot air, i cleaned the sensor with electrical contact spray and the problem hasn't come back a yet, try that see if it helps mate and give the filter a good clean as well while your there.

I drove to Southampton and back yesterday with the a/c on and did not have any issue with my auto IS300.

I have noticed in other cars I have driven, that on hot and humid days the cars lose their edge, simple as engine run better on cold air.

I would check your air filter.

Yeah it was probably the heat causing a minor problem you allready have (clogged air filter, gunged air intake sensor etc....) more noticable. Is the car due a service?

The air filter is underneath the Lexus strip on the top of the engine. If you look at the back of it there is a clip - also one at the front. Undo the clips and the whole section lifts out with the air filter in it.

Ed

Not due a service for a couple of months (august I think), just had a look at the air filter and it looks like this, any cause for concern?

368063269.jpg

368063261.jpg

I'd replace that filter with a K&N frop-in filter if I was you.

I was thinking to myself yesterday that I often have to remove and clean the filters in the vacuum cleaner or it dramatically loses suction - but never bother to look in the car........when it clearly has the same effect :whistling:

Need to order up a K&N........

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links