Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

When I acquired my 95 LS400 about six weeks ago, it came with only one basic key. It had no remote facility but seemed to work wherever I tried it. It troubled me that I only had the one key so I hawked it round all the local key cutters but no-one wanted to know.

Last Monday I went to Lexus Nottingham to see what they could do for me. For another of what I had got they gave me a price of £26.85 total so |I ordered one.

They rang yesterday to say the key was in so this morning, I cleaned the car windows, put a flask in the boot and went to set off.

Came round to open the driver’s door and couldn’t find my keys.

For some unknown reason I had thrown them onto the boot floor before I pushed the lid down. I couldn’t believe what I had done. Believe me, nothing is so unyielding as a locked car if you haven’t a key.

The key I so badly needed was 40 miles away at the Lexus dealership.

I rang them in case they had a miracle cure for my stupidity but to no avail. The only suggestion was to call out the AA who would lever their way in and I would probably need body repairs afterwards.

Fortunately, I have an old Honda Civic which we use as a shopping/runabout so I went to Nottingham in that and saved the day but I won’t easily forget the anguish I felt this morning.

To their credit Lexus were very fussy and required proof of ownership and identity but didn’t need to copy my key, they took the details from the Vin Number.

Important lesson learned!!!!!

Shaduf

Like it!

Sorry for the double post. Crikey, what can I say, must be my age. I do apologise.

Quote from the latest Lexus LS460 Manual....

"Considerable intelligence is contained within the Smart Key. For example, before you can lock the car, it first checks that it's outside the car, preventing you from locking yourself out"

Clearly, that car is made for me. I'll start saving tomorrrow.

Shaduf

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links