Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Lex is running in 45 profile rubber, but even so the gaps above the tyres at the front are more than the rear.

The car's dampers dont seem worn by doing the bouce test, so is it purely down to weak springs?

If so do I still get new dampers.

If I need new springs I will get lowered ones, as I dont mind a firmer ride, as long as its not stupidly stiff.

My Lex is running in 45 profile rubber, but even so the gaps above the tyres at the front are more than the rear.

The car's dampers dont seem worn by doing the bouce test, so is it purely down to weak springs?

If so do I still get new dampers.

If I need new springs I will get lowered ones, as I dont mind a firmer ride, as long as its not stupidly stiff.

They do appear to be down on the back normally, its the wheel arch design, check it against anouther one, they are softly sprung as they were designed for the us market.

Remember that a coil spring is a curled up torsion bar and if you (effectively) shorten them, they will automatically be stiffer.

If you think a Mark 3 handles like a bowl of soup, you should try a Mark 1 or 2. Get young Skelton to send you his Setright Car article on the suspension upgrades between the Mark 2 & 3. Masses of work was done and it might help you to forgive your Mark 3 a little !

Remember that a coil spring is a curled up torsion bar and if you (effectively) shorten them, they will automatically be stiffer.

If you think a Mark 3 handles like a bowl of soup, you should try a Mark 1 or 2. Get young Skelton to send you his Setright Car article on the suspension upgrades between the Mark 2 & 3. Masses of work was done and it might help you to forgive your Mark 3 a little !

That'd be useful, and I shudder to imagine what they were like before. :hehe:

So who has lowered springs and how did it change your car, bear in mind Im already on 17inch tyres, so it may not be as 'severe' as someone whose lowered and swapped to 17's. Also need to bear in mind Im on 45 profile rubber, although I may get 55 which will cushion more, if theres no heavy price difference, but rides fine on 45. Actually that may be why the arches look a little empty.

Just my own preference really to tighten it up a bit really, if I have to spend on parts I may as well gets ones that give me what I want eh!

Mine is also running 17" 45's on the rear and I have loads of arch clearance.

lexuswheels001.jpg

Exactly, doesnt look nice does it! (Nice alloys tho, are the brakes std?) Dunno why but 45 profile tyres are cheap compared to 55, but I dont have any complaints on the ride.

I've seen two lots of springs 1 reduces height by 1.5 inches the other 2.5 inches. Any one got any advice?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links