Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Is250 Photos - And Bluetooth Question

post-12321-1248599430.jpgpost-12321-1248599447.jpgpost-12321-1248599457.jpg

As promised, here are a few photos of the new IS250 SEI I bought yesterday. What a beaut!

Hadn't realised quite how dark Cadoxton is, but love it all the same.

Just having one teething problem - my Motorola V3 won't hook up with the car's Bluetooth without manually linking them up each time I start the car. Anyone know how to get round this? I know they're not a good combination, but my Volvo never had a problem and picked up the phone and phonebook list without me needing to do anything. Frustrating!

Any help much appreciated.

I thought Moto V2 & 3 were notoriously bad with their Bluetooth connections . . . it might be that . . .I had a V3 for a while but i used it on my Aftermarket HU in my old IS200 and it kept drifting in and out of connected state . . .have you consulted Lexus themselves or your handbook?

Btw excellent looking car - very jealous!

I thought Moto V2 & 3 were notoriously bad with their bluetooth connections . . . it might be that . . .I had a V3 for a while but i used it on my Aftermarket HU in my old IS200 and it kept drifting in and out of connected state . . .have you consulted Lexus themselves or your handbook?

Thanks!

It may be that I need to upgrade my phone. Lexus Hatfield did suggest that Motorola weren't the best for Lexus systems. Anyone have any suggestions for a new phone that might work better?

I thought Moto V2 & 3 were notoriously bad with their bluetooth connections . . . it might be that . . .I had a V3 for a while but i used it on my Aftermarket HU in my old IS200 and it kept drifting in and out of connected state . . .have you consulted Lexus themselves or your handbook?

Thanks!

It may be that I need to upgrade my phone. Lexus Hatfield did suggest that Motorola weren't the best for Lexus systems. Anyone have any suggestions for a new phone that might work better?

If you go to the Lexus UK site and click on sitemap, you will eventually find a Phone Compatability List, although I can't remember what it is found under - I just remember it took me a long time to locate it. The likelyhood is that Nokias will have the best compatability.

Hi Ya

NICE CAR!!! looks great!!!!

i use my sony ericcson, blackberry, and XDA Stellar in mine and they all work fine. i haven't tried a nokia, but i can reccomend sony as i have had three or four now and they have been great.

Hi Ya

NICE CAR!!! looks great!!!!

i use my sony ericcson, blackberry, and XDA Stellar in mine and they all work fine. i haven't tried a nokia, but i can reccomend sony as i have had three or four now and they have been great.

Thanks - it's incredibly SHINY! They put Gard X on it, and you could use it for shaving.

I might go for a Sony Ericsson then. Would be great to have it sorted.

The Lexus UK list of phones that have been tested with the Bluetooth system can be found at: http://www.lexus.co.uk/Images/Bluetooth%20...m585-901378.pdf The USA Lexus site: http://lexusbluetooth.letstalk.com/product...=1&model=IS provides some useful info, although the phones sold into the USA market often don't have direct equivalents here in the UK.

Although Motorola phones don't seem to be the best in terms of their Bluetooth systems, I think I have seen a post on one of these LOC forums where someone did get a RAZ working with a Lexus Bluetooth after some fiddling with settings.

I understand Sony Ericsson phones generally have a good reputation for use with the Lexus and with other Bluetooth systems. I have a 5 year old Sony phone and it works fine in my IS250. I've also tried a new Nokia (sorry I can't remember the model number, just that it was a simple and cheap phone) and it also worked fine. The only problem I have on the Lexus phone system is that pauses programmed in phonebook entries don’t work and so I have to hit 3 buttons to retrieve voicemail, whereas my previous Bluetooth system would dial and send the access code with a single button press. However, this is just a very minor irritation.

Thanks for all the compliments. Very chuffed with it. The 6-cylinder is incredibly creamy and smooth. Love gliding along in near silence.

Have printed off the UK list of compatible phones - found out that I'm long due an upgrade anyway, so hopefully all sorted out soon.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links