Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Do

harperls400

just to say hi, my name is paul, im 27 and have just bought a p plate ls400 that was traded in at the garage where i work. after my boss let me take it to london for the weekend (to treat the missus), i fell in love with its comfort, opulence and refinement and decided to buy it, to run alongside my other car, a seat ibiza cupra r. i also have a mk1 a reg mazda rx-7 that im doing a full restoration on.

my ls400 is a singapore import, brought into the country in 2000 and owned by 1 person, the same one that traded it in at our place for a citroen xsara picasso :o the only downside to this is that it doesnt have heated front seats, which isnt a problem now but would have been nice in the winter. i do love the rear armrest with all its aircon and stereo controls though.

she has 125000 miles on her, with plenty of history, and runs like a swiss watch, not even a creak or rattle from anywhere, im truly impressed. the only minor issues with it (and they really are nit picking) is the carpet is coming away from the rear door bottoms, and the lcd's in the stereo head unit are failing so i cant really tell what station im on or where i am on a cd (gonna hunt around on here to see if there is a fix). whilst on the subject of the stereo, im stunned that a standard sound system can have such crisp, clear quality at any volume, and would be impressed by it today, let alone on a 13 year old car.

anyway, that will do for now and ill hopefully be able to contribute lots to the forum (the last owners club i joined i was a highly active member for the 3 years i owned the relevant car).

cheers.

Hi Paul, welcome to LOC :D

Sounds like you got a great car there :) feel free to get some pics up of it...and the RX7 project :whistling:

they are all on my facebook page, ill post a link.

i forgot to mention, my needles are dim, the tip on the speedo has gone, and the rev counter is completely gone. i have looked for a fix on here but nothing much seems to be doing. any thoughts??

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#...mp;id=636100965 (rx7 pics) in the process of removing the engine for a rebuild due to it chucking a rotot the other week when i fired her up.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#...mp;id=636100965 (the lexus and ibiza)

they are all on my facebook page, ill post a link.

i forgot to mention, my needles are dim, the tip on the speedo has gone, and the rev counter is completely gone. i have looked for a fix on here but nothing much seems to be doing. any thoughts??

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#...mp;id=636100965 (rx7 pics) in the process of removing the engine for a rebuild due to it chucking a rotot the other week when i fired her up.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#...mp;id=636100965 (the lexus and ibiza)

'Fraid I can't help with the techie stuff, though there should be someone along soon who can :)

Looks like you've got your work cut out with the rx...spider invasion as well :lol:

Welcome Paul,

Well done, its a top motor. I got mine when i was around 28 and its still going 5 yrs later. Its never broke down which is a 1st with my cars...

Parts can be expensive, the suspension will go soon so try to get the ball joints serviced, think u can get them greased or something to keep them from drying up & giving up which means a new control arm (both sides should be done at once as im sure u know). This was £600 for me, from a guy on here. Lexus wanted £1100 + fitting....

The dash can be sorted here, theres a guy called chris someone....i'll check in a min and post it again....dont know if he does the p reg, but he fixes the needle tips and sorts your blank dash out......you have to take it out yourself, the 1993 models take 5 mins. Just be careful of the screen.

Think i have the original exhaust too, just a few gaskets changed - not bad for a 230,000 miles, 17 yr old motor.

I had to do some work myself thro here to keep her on the road, but she is well worth it.

The fuel can get dear 'cos u should use the high octane stuff, but when it creeps over 1.10 it can be £90 per tank.

Its suprisingly economical on country lanes & motorways and of course extremely comfy, but nipping in & out of town often can be as expensive as a 50 mile drive sometimes.

Love it & keep it, you'll never want to 'step down' again. mines worth nowt and i wouldnt want anything else but another one.

Im suprised its got no heated seats, the 1993 ones do, but if you play things right, you should have your missus nice and warm by the time you get home anyway :whistling: :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links