Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dash Lights On!

Hey all,

Started the car up this morning to be greeted with, Oil warning light on. Rear tail light blown warning light. and Handbarake on warning light.

The rev counter does not work or the MPG gauge....

All the above warning lights are obvously incorrectly on ( I have checked!) any ideas?

Thanks

Tom

Hey all,

Started the car up this morning to be greeted with, Oil warning light on. Rear tail light blown warning light. and Handbarake on warning light.

The rev counter does not work or the MPG gauge....

All the above warning lights are obvously incorrectly on ( I have checked!) any ideas?

Thanks

Tom

Ooooerr, i had something similar. No rev counter, engine warning light, no speedo etc. It turned out that there is a plug on the gearbox area that sends to the ECU and this hadn't been fully located after changing the gearbox oil, and service... Could it be that????

Col...

You ever had a windscreen replaced? Sounds like water getting into the control panel behind the drivers footwell kick panel.

Usually shows itself as headlights remaining on/coming on when car is off.

Mmmm I see what you guys are getting at.

I have not had a replacement screen for a good 5 years. and its been the only one, (owned this car from new) It had been raining on/off all over the show really. I'll have a look to see if it is leaking, what are the signs? headlights work fine on auto mode, and manual.

Where is this kick panel please? do i have to peel the carpet back?

Thanks for the help

Tom

Looking at the open door area, if you pull off a bit of the rubber that goes around the door frame at the bottom right, i.e. near the kick panel - (a pic would show a lot more than my poor explanations!)...

then get on your hands and knees and look to the right of the throttle peddle, there is a nut that keeps the plastic kick panel on - plus I think there is one other/could be a screw.

Anyway, will be fairly obvious. Take the panel off (the curved black plastic cover that stops you shoes kicking the RHS of the bottom side bit under the dash).

You will see a load of relays and connectors etc. Feel the wiring all the way up the back of the dash and check for areas of water.

Probably dried up by now, but thats the usual culprit. Seems the connector/harness for the headlights is the usual on that gets water running down it.

If you do a search for headlights staying on - or anything to do with windscreen/autoglass replacement it should pull a load of info up.

I dried all mine up and then stuck a bit of kitchen paper or something up in the harness bit just incase it happened again. So far (touch wood) its been fine.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links