Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Location Of Fresh Air Outlets?

Hi all

Does anyone know where fresh air exits from the passenger compartment? The reason for asking is that I can hear a slight pulsing noise and it feels like air pressure is building and then releasing. Switching the air con to recirculate or turning off the fan stops the noise. Therefore, I'm wondering if the fresh air outlets are blocked or if they're covered by a rubber flap or something with a spring that's a little too strong.

I tried driving at high speed with both front windows open to see if that would clear any blockage. I've had a good look around the back window and parcel shelf where fresh air outlets are usually located but the only thing I've found in the boot are some slots under the parcel shelf which I think are behind the woofer and are just to improve the bass response on the audio system. I've also removed the air conditioning filter to check it's not blocked, although this is on the air inlet and so I didn't really think would be the problem.

Although this is only a very, very minor irritation, if anyone has any thoughts I'd be grateful.

Many thanks

Roger

Whitey: Many thanks for that. I've just had a quick look but can't see any obvious airways inside the boot or inside the wheelarches around the rear wheels. I can't even see any obvious airways from the cabin into the boot. However, I haven't tried removing any of the trim which obscures all the interior surfaces of the boot. I guess another experiment would be to try opening the ski hatch to see if that affects the noise.

• 1 month later...

In case anyone needs to find these, they can be seen once the two plastic trays in the rear corners of the boot are removed. The vents include rubber flap "valves" which, when the heater/air con fan is on a slow speed, do seem to cause a slight pulsing noise.

Exiled: No offence taken, but it's one of those noises which, once noticed, you can't get out of your mind. As I've previously said, the problem with modern cars like the Lexus is that they're generally so quiet even the smallest noise can become irritating; a marked contrast to my first car which was a clapped out Ford Anglia which came with the "benefit" of considerable background noise, vibration, harshness, unreliability, lack of acceleration, etc!

Minor irritations are a disadvantage to be faced during the early months with a new car until the pain of having parted with a lump of hard earned cash has faded!

Exiled: No offence taken, but it's one of those noises which, once noticed, you can't get out of your mind. As I've previously said, the problem with modern cars like the Lexus is that they're generally so quiet even the smallest noise can become irritating; a marked contrast to my first car which was a clapped out Ford Anglia which came with the "benefit" of considerable background noise, vibration, harshness, unreliability, lack of acceleration, etc!

Minor irritations are a disadvantage to be faced during the early months with a new car until the pain of having parted with a lump of hard earned cash has faded!

Taken in the spirit Roger. Noises can be annoying but as you get older and your hearing starts to go they become less of an irritation, Classic FM on low volume is a soothing buffer.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links