Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Odd Noise When Turning

Hello.

I'm a bit worried about my IS300. I have a, fairly loud noise now actually, coming from (I think) front right corner when I turn to the left, when the weight is on front right corner if you see what I mean. The noise is a sort of chchchchchch sound, much like a high powered sprinkler system if you know what I mean. It's definitely gotten worse over time and now it's a bit of a concern. May or may not be related to some wheel wobble I get under braking from 60 odd mph? It's not brake discs though as I've recently had those all changed.

Any help would be much appreciated! Don't know wether something is about to go Pete Tong or not!

there seems to be a a lot of clunking cranking banging noises from the front end of the is200, lots of peeps asking questions along the same line of this but nobody can identify a common fault or course, i thought that i had fix mine by replacing the lower suspension arm bush,s but low and behold the noise is back again, so i tock it to a locale garage and had them lock over all the suspension and brake part,s, they could not see anything obviously wrong with anything!! so i reckon if anyone out there can sus this problem out will be HERO on here to all owner,s

(maybe its the body panels flexing) probs not but what else could it be??????????

Maybe those discs you just had put on have a problem. Vibration under braking is often warped discs, gets worse when hot. As for the ChChChChChCh possibly something catching the tyre? Wheel arch liner, ABS sensor wire etc? Best off taking the wheel off and having a look.

Hi there if its the sound i think it is it could be the backing plates for the brakes more commonly the rear as corrosion builds up near the disc/drum area and when you corner the flex in the axle causes it to catch. Its normally more noticable after new discs are fitted.

If its the front try pushing the plate backat the top and bottom

hope this helps

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links