Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I May Be Coming Back To The Lexus Fold......

swfcdan

in a years time..............hopefully the production model will resemble the artwork and wont be waaaaaaay off from that picture

[17899112358376356x236.jpg

This is the first glimpse of Lexus’s answer to the Audi A3, a premium hatchback that will be coming to the UK late next year. A concept version of the car will make its debut at the Frankfurt motor show next month.

Lexus is keen to get a foothold in the C-segment premium market, which has so far been dominated by cars like the A3 and BMW 1-series.

“The C-premium segment has been growing and Lexus wants to position a car in that segment,” said the source.

Unlike Audi, which showcases new design directions on flagship cars like the forthcoming new A8, Lexus will be presenting a new styling philosophy on the compact concept.

A Lexus source told Autocar a production version has now been given the green light. Although Lexus saloons are generally rear-wheel drive, this model is likely to be front-wheel drive, like the Audi.

Lexus has previously committed to hybrids and it is highly likely the hatch would get an option of this drivetrain, as at present it would not clash with any Toyota models.

Lol, two threads about the same thing.......is very interesting though if it ends up looking like that. Especially as Lexus concept of late have been quite similar to the production cars (LS concept as an example) so is a possibility.

Shame if it's front wheel drive though as then it would prob be a disappointment.

Will be interesting to see how they market it.

If it looks good and pack with with kit at a good price, like they did the original IS, i think they could be on to a massive winner. My own personal opinion of Lexus though is that they have somewhat lost there values over the past few years and seem to be just another car manufacturer.

To be fair, I don't think they've really lost their values, customer service is still excellent (in my experience) and cars like the IS250 are brilliant - it's just the pricing that's got a bit questionable of late :whistling:

To be fair, I don't think they've really lost their values, customer service is still excellent (in my experience) and cars like the IS250 are brilliant - it's just the pricing that's got a bit questionable of late :whistling:

Yeah your right, thats more like what i was getting at :D

I agree, the IS200 was a good deal new especially compared to the 3-series. When you look at pricing for the new shape IS it looks more like 5-Series BMW prices :(

There is a car on the road already that reminds me of this design concept - the Alfa MiTo. I know the headlights are not popular with everybody but it has a very nice side profile and looks quite a bit like the Lexus drawing.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links