Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Got A Speeding Ticket!

I hear what everybody says, just because a road is clear doesnt mean you should do stuid speeds up them, however they always pick the wide open roads, they pick one in birmingham where there are no footpaths so pedestrians are very few and far between. but how many of these cameras or speed gun vans do you see by schools? because ive never seen one, or in well buils residential areas, i.e the road next to mine where 2 paticualr idiots who by the looks of them have just swapped their green license for a pink one and have decided they are going to try and beat their lap record of the circuit they have decided to make, but they wont put them there, because 99% of road users on this road travel at 30mph or below due to the width and shape of the road in parts. instead they will put not very well placed innefective speed bumbs, which wrecks everyones suspension!!

however just a small piece of advice ive picked up, camera enforcement vans, and speed partnership offciers by law have to display a portable speed sign approximatly 50 meters from their van, so if u see a portable put up speed sign, theres a cemera van lurking somewhere.

the camera vans work to a system,likewise so should traffic police. They dont just deploy where they feel like it. They are meant to deploy to accident black spots (can i say that! ) the idea being to reduce road accident casualties. - and speed causes accidents.

The main Issue is that believe it or not, a PRICE is put on the cost of dealing with an accident, a fatal accident can be up to £1.5 million in police costs, NHS, personal suffering etc ect...thats WHY the police , local authority and indeed the Government want to reduce accidents.

Likewise, after so many accidents in a location the LA will have a duty to make road improvements in that area, so more costs

This site explains it well and perhaps might take away some of the myths behind the reasons for camera vans

http://www.rospa.com/roadsafety/advice/hig...cal_schemes.htm

In addition your local police may be armed with camera guns and will usually deploy in areas where the public perceive there to be a problem i.e if the residents of a particular street make representations about speeding cars you can expect your local bobby to appear with a camera gun in the area.

If i got a ticket from a police officer or a van I would like to know exactly why they were targeting that area, it would perhaps ease the pain of the ticket and give me some understanding as to why I got the ticket...

That would be great if it all was consistent UK wide.

I live on a lane, with 30mph printed in 3ft high letters in the road.

At rush hour I reckon about 2% of vehicles, apart from the residents, pay any attention to them

and at evening rush hour you can see plenty doing 50 to 60mph, these are speeders.

Despite complaints, police speed checks are vitually non existent.

Most sensible drivers don't condone speeding but there's speeding and just going over the limit,

we will be spending more time looking at the speedo than watching the road, a little common

sense is needed not a £60 fine for thirty two mph.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links