Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hid Headlight Conversion- Single Beam Ok?

hi guys and galls ive just purchased a set from ebay with 2 wires is this kit going to be ok i wont have to modify my wiring many thanks neil

You will need to swop the red and black wires, as Lexus do their own thing - they have 12 volts on all three headlamp connectors, then switch to a negative when the lights are turned on.

Unless the kit is specifically for a Lexus, and wired for it- mine wasn't.

Check out the photos earlier in this thread

hi mate thank you for your reply the handy thing is is the two wires are seprate and not in a plug so ill look at the pic that was post earlyer in this thread hope these will match my LED side lights regards neil

i fitted my hid kit today but the headlights will not come back on arfter using main beam as i mentioned in my last post mine is a two wire kit thanks in advance neil

I've covered this problem before in a previous reply. Read the full thread and both pages of it.

hi guys and galls ive just purchased a set from ebay with 2 wires is this kit going to be ok i wont have to modify my wiring many thanks neil

You will need to swop the red and black wires, as Lexus do their own thing - they have 12 volts on all three headlamp connectors, then switch to a negative when the lights are turned on.

hi mate thank you for your reply the handy thing is is the two wires are seprate and not in a plug so ill look at the pic that was post earlyer in this thread hope these will match my LED side lights regards neil

i fitted my hid kit today but the headlights will not come back on arfter using main beam as i mentioned in my last post mine is a two wire kit thanks in advance neil

I've covered this problem before in a previous reply. Read the full thread and both pages of it.

I think the HID's need a second or two to reset and re-ignite, are they failing to come on after a quick HI-beam flash?

I think the HID's need a second or two to reset and re-ignite, are they failing to come on after a quick HI-beam flash?

thank you for your replys firstly if i swap the red and black wires around my headlights dont work i have to connect them reverse to what is posted on here secondly they will not come back on arfter using main beam is there any chance you could pm me your thread on the wiring of these lights as i dont seam to be able to find it thanks in advance neil

I recal having that problem initially, It was caused by the fact the lights take a high start up current, althought their running current is quite low.

I had to solder the new wires directly into the loom, behind the plug, any sort of resistance in the old headlamp plug, and they were reluctant to fire up

I recal having that problem initially, It was caused by the fact the lights take a high start up current, althought their running current is quite low.

I had to solder the new wires directly into the loom, behind the plug, any sort of resistance in the old headlamp plug, and they were reluctant to fire up

hi mate many thanks for your reply iam very relucant to cut the plug iam still a little confused that ive had to wire mine diffrentlly to the the way that is mentioned in earlyer in this post many thanks neil

hi mate many thanks for your reply iam very relucant to cut the plug iam still a little confused that ive had to wire mine diffrentlly to the the way that is mentioned in earlyer in this post many thanks neil

I didn't cut the plug off, I just cut into the wire's insulation behind the plug and soldered the new wires in- they can be cut of and everything returned to original if required

I didn't cut the plug off, I just cut into the wire's insulation behind the plug and soldered the new wires in- they can be cut of and everything returned to original if required

hi mate thank you for your reply do you think that this could be the problem as iam at a loss as to a cure to this one many thanks neil

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links