Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

i want lower my is220d, and im looking for information, there are thousands of is250 in the usa and good few in uk, so i am wondering is the is250 the same spec when it comes to suspension brakes etc, i.e if i buy springs for a 250 will they fit the 220

Thanks

i want lower my is220d, and im looking for information, there are thousands of is250 in the usa and good few in uk, so i am wondering is the is250 the same spec when it comes to suspension brakes etc, i.e if i buy springs for a 250 will they fit the 220

Thanks

I think the TTE lowering springs are the same for both the IS250 and 220d, so I would imagine that they are the same.

Thanks

They're all the same suspension and ride height (1425mm) except for the IS250 AWD which rides slightly higher and the IS250C which rides slightly lower (1415 mm high), so all the 250 springs and coilovers will fit the 220. Don't believe the 'Sports' owners who believe the 250/220 Sport is lower.

Not all the springsets have the same drop e.g. the EiBach Springsets for the 250 have a different drop depending on whether they are American specification or European., and they are also different in terms of stiffness (I have the American EiBachs on mine).

Don't believe the 'Sports' owners who believe the 250/220 Sport is lower.

Are you sure? The TTE site says the springs are a 25mm drop, but only 10mm on the IS250 Sport (although it does say the IS220d Sport is not lower) :unsure:

thanks for replys guys,

i was thinking they would be the same.

what would you recommend to lower the car,

i still want confort ride but i am willing to sacrafice some of the ride quality.

looking to have just maybe a fingers gap between the wheel and arch,

if i lower the car on the 17" wheels will it still be ok for 19", because i read somewhere that it did'nt make a difference or something like that,

thanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links