Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

19 Inch Alloys For Is

Hussain

Hi,

Looking for a little advice..

Just got my hands on an IS200 sport (2001 car), and am looking to change the alloys to a set of 19 inch wheels. I've found a set I like.. 19x8 with 235/35 tyres so will fit fine, offset is ok aswell.

Only thing I am a little worried about is if the car will sit right on the 19's (if you know what i mean..?!) with the standard suspension. Can anyone give me a little advice..? possilbly lowering by 15mm or so to not spoil the comfort etc aswell might be an option..

Thanx. Hussain

you will need to roll your arches mate a boy on here called mr mole has 19's on his car and it looks stunnin its lowered on teng springs i think the drop is approx 20-30mm.don't think you get springs that drop the car 15mm.

mine is dropped just over 40mm and its not lost any comfort.

anyway mr moles car for you to drool over.

enginebay012.jpg

It'll look ridiculous on 19's unless you lower it. They look bad enough on the standard 17's at standard height IMO.

You're worried about retaining ride comfort & your going to 19" 35 series tyres?? :lol: Lower it & stop being silly

Have a browse of this thread for some inspiration http://z4.invisionfree.com/lexusaltezzaclu...?showtopic=4920

you will need to roll your arches mate a boy on here called mr mole has 19's on his car and it looks stunnin its lowered on teng springs i think the drop is approx 20-30mm.don't think you get springs that drop the car 15mm.

mine is dropped just over 40mm and its not lost any comfort.

anyway mr moles car for you to drool over.

enginebay012.jpg

mr moles car looks v good! Thanx for the advice..I'l see if I need to roll the arches, although I dont think I will. They should fit undr the arches with a 30mm odd drop.

It'll look ridiculous on 19's unless you lower it. They look bad enough on the standard 17's at standard height IMO.

You're worried about retaining ride comfort & your going to 19" 35 series tyres?? :lol: Lower it & stop being silly

Have a browse of this thread for some inspiration http://z4.invisionfree.com/lexusaltezzaclu...?showtopic=4920

E910 ur rite, car does look a little high even on the 17s..that link is definately giving some inspiration! Thanx mate. I'l post sum pics wen i've sorted the wheels out..

With the right offset I don't think 19x8 will need arch rolling - not 100% on that though.

Depending on whether you've got a pre or post facelift car, your sport is either 10 or 15mm lower than standard anyway. TTE springs at 30mm drop might be a simple option if you don't want to lose too much comfort too.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links