Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can anyone explain why my LS430 originally registered on 1st March 2001 has just cost only £175 to tax for 12 months. The registration document that has come back from DVLA is showing it as band I so the dealer seemingly correctly has paid £175 and got the disk OK. Even if it had been registered the day before (ie 28th Feb 2001), I reckon it should have been £190 for this year, and under the modified rules for cars between 2001 and 2006 I fully expected it to be classed as a band K and £215 for this year

Mike

Can anyone explain why my LS430 originally registered on 1st March 2001 has just cost only £175 to tax for 12 months. The registration document that has come back from DVLA is showing it as band I so the dealer seemingly correctly has paid £175 and got the disk OK. Even if it had been registered the day before (ie 28th Feb 2001), I reckon it should have been £190 for this year, and under the modified rules for cars between 2001 and 2006 I fully expected it to be classed as a band K and £215 for this year

Mike

I wouldn't query it if i was you

I took a closer look at my recently returned registration document and contrary to what I said it does NOT say it's group I. In fact it correctly lists the co2 emissions as 289. I went on the DVLA site and put in my registration number and it showed the tax due as £215 (which I think is right - it's not LPG yet). This is weird because I watched the guy tax the car on line a week or two ago and it asked him for only £175 .... I wonder if it was incorrectly classified when it belonged to the previous owner and they have put it right when they changed it to my ownership.

Does anybody have an opinion on whether the government will change their thinking on pre-2006 cars. Tax at £245 next year is tolerable, but if they start racking up to near the same as the newer cars, it would get silly (and I guess make our old luxury cars virtually worthless)

Mike

Does anybody have an opinion on whether the government will change their thinking on pre-2006 cars. Tax at £245 next year is tolerable, but if they start racking up to near the same as the newer cars, it would get silly (and I guess make our old luxury cars virtually worthless)

Mike

Knowing our government wouldn't put anything past them......the other problem is cars that sit in the top band (M is it?) - at the mo they're holding it at the £400 mark, but it's so obvious that that's going to start shooting upwards in the next few years......

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links