Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sill Rust!

lenny123

hi i have a small problem with rust on one of my sills its a couple of smaller then 1 pence pieces bout 4-5 inches from the back wheel it seems to me to be coming from inside out so i see that lexus have a 12 year rust/corrosion perforation warrenty so what i was wondering shall i ring lexus and explain about this problem and also if i wanted to get the sill replaced does anyone know a ruff cost of this thanks again

my lexus that is a 05 plate had rust on the bonnet and went to lexus and they said it was due to stone chips but as far as i remember that part of the bonnet didnt have any stone chips. so let us know how you get on mate.

• 1 month later...

Update i went to lexus they had the bloke come out and take pics and have a look they said it was rusting for the inside out they noticed that i had treated it with rust treatment and touched up the area so they went all funny about it cause any work not carryied out by lexus nulls the warranty or something so i said send me a estimate of how much to repair it anyway got it they want 750 quid to do it so i will find somewhere local to do it and i say to anyone with rust in the sill same as me but has not touched it like i did go and see they seemed happy to do it if its not been touched so worth a try.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links