Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sport Boot Spoiler

Hi everyone,

Just managed to get a sport rear spoiler for my Lex. Bought a complete bootlid with spoiler attached off eBay.

I was in two minds what to do with it, either get the whole bootlid and spoiler sprayed to match my car and swap the whole thing or remove spoiler from bootlid, get sprayed and then fit to my bootlid; my preferred option.

Anyway once I got the thing I thought I would have a go at removing the spoiler from the boot lid to see how easy a job it would be. I had read some old post on here that indicated that this was a very difficult job.

I started by undoing the two nuts on the underside of the lid and then carefully sliding a putty knife between the lid and the spoiler to part the two from the double sided sticky stuff. It all started to come away quite easily but I found there were also some like plastic clips holding it on as well.

Anyway some photos, see what you think.

4185049287_06e67eb64e_b.jpg

As you can see even came with the number plate still attached, hope it didn't belong to anyone on here :crying:

4185050329_6016bc4c30_b.jpg

Came with brake light too.

4185812252_59734e563a_b.jpg

Bootlid after spoiler removed

4185053723_14a1462227_b.jpg

and spolier....

4185057235_9377294613_b.jpg

4185060841_1acdca5870_b.jpg

and this is one of the plastic clips that proved a bit tricky to free

4185059845_a2edfdd3e0_b.jpg

All I've gotta do now is get it sprayed and then fit it.

Happy days,

Dave.

I paid £100 + £15.99 postage. I made an offer of £70 but got rejected.

The wife offered to buy it as an early Christmas present so I had it :winky:

This had been on eBay for a while before I bought it so I don't know how you missed it.

There was another one on there which I was offered for £60 but it wasn't a sport one. It was slightly raised from the bootlid with a support in the middle and it was pick up only. Link here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

but I see it's ended now. Dont know whether it sold or not so may get put on again.

Dave

• 1 month later...

Just keep an eye out on eBay. They come up from time to time. If your's is that coulour you stand an even better chance of getting a boot lid complete with spoiler and just swapping the lot over.

It was a bit different for me as mine is a bit of a rare colour. Still haven't got it sprayed yet but I have just organised to get it done next week, so should be looking at fitting it soon.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
It also has the much sought after 18" 6 spoke alloys.

I was actually also interested in the bootlid with the spoiler but the seller insisted it did not have a brake light which was what I wanted. I asked him to double check and no reply. Asked him about the wheels. No reply. It appears he never puts anything in writing. Note his very poor feedback rating on eBay. Looks as if he has also reregistered under a different name.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links