Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Serius Advice Wanted Please

Dan E

In the past i had messed up with borrowing money and still paying fines of now. But i have grown up and would like to possible get a loan by end of next year. I have also got a ccj what i no is no help. So basicly im asking for help on how i can dramitcly increase my credit rating. Its that bad i cant even get a phone on contract.

In the past i had messed up with borrowing money and still paying fines of now. But i have grown up and would like to possible get a loan by end of next year. I have also got a ccj what i no is no help. So basicly im asking for help on how i can dramitcly increase my credit rating. Its that bad i cant even get a phone on contract.

Hi, sorry to hear that. If you register on Creditexpert.co.uk (1st months free) it gives you your credit rating but also ways to improve your rating.

Hope this helps

Stace

Sorry no quick fix. I was in a similar position to you in my "youth".

First clear the CCJ and get a letter of discharge from the Court confirming the debt has been cleared. The CCJ sits on your file for (I think) 6 years but if you cna prove you have cleared it, it will help.

When I bought my first IS, Lexus Finance were very understanding, but I had to go to quite some lengths proving I was good for the money.

Only try and use mainstream lenders, and if possible speak to people, too many things like Phone shops simple have a "Computer says no!" attitude.

Good luck.

When I was 18 I have NO credit rating as I had never had credit, I was advised to get a credit card and put a tiny bit on it and pay it off every month, barclaycard offered me a card straight away, and because the interest was at a stupidly high rate like 39% there was no risk I wouldnt pay it off so I used the card for fuel for a start then paid the card off every month. It does help, but you need to be able to trust yourself not to keep spending on it.

Agree with above. Pay of what you had then get small amounts of credit and pay it back just to prove your "reformed" as it were.

My best mate was left a house when his uncle died but it needed loads of work. So he stayed living at home with parents as did his partner. They saved for everything they needed refusing to borow money to spend on the house. It was only a little 2 up 2 down terrance house but it was theirs and didn owe anything on it. Some time after movign in the council stepped in with compulsary purchase order. they sold the house and got £40,000 for it ( not alot but was clean and clear) they up graded to a new house costing £120,000 despite the fact they had 40 grand for a deposit they coldnt get a mortgage for the diffrence. They to had poor credit rating even though they had a bank full of cash and never borrowed anything. They took out a credit card and spent a bit each month for 3 months then went to the bank again with a bit of convincing they finally got sorted out. Bad debt is as bad as no debt.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links