Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Decisions, Decisions...

I too found that the Lexus traffic avoidance was a bit patchy, but the BMW one appears to be a lot more accurate and up to date. I genrally only use the nav to give me an ETA, and like you pay attention when I'm close.

Either way, if you have the Bus edition you get loads of kit, and Bus nav is quit good. When do you get it?

By the way, I'll always let you and any IS driver out of junctions...... ;)

I've not got a date yet - hopefully 1st April otherwise I'll have to extend the contract by another month.

One thing that has p :tsktsk: d me off has been the buying process. The Lexus deal was a breeze 3 years ago and that is one of the main reasons I chose them.

A few weeks ago, I went back to the BMW dealer that hacked me off 3 years ago when I ended up with the Lexus. On that occasion I felt they treated me like dirt. I'd organised a test drive and turned up but the sales guy said he was a bit tied up so could I rearrange it and then trotted off to talk someone who was looking at a high spec 5 series. So I vowed never again, however I thought they might not be so arrogant this time. But yep, they are. I'm still waiting for the sales guy to phone me back two weeks after he said he'd organise a test drive in a two-litre diesel - he claims there aren't any in his dealership. What? Probably the biggest selling "business" vehicle on BMW's books? I've phone him twice, but he hasn't returned my calls. Unbelievable.

So I've gone to another dealer that's miles away - an independent one - and the sales guy and business finance chap have been (so far) perfect. However, if they start dicking me around like the other dealer, I'll cancel my order and take my business elsewhere.

Congratulations! Another Lexus --> BMW person!!

What additional spec (over and above SE) did you get? Did you upgrade the Bus Nav to Pro Nav?

I have just changed from BMW -> Lexus. I had a BMW320 SE Coupe. Had it for 2 years from new. Now had the 220d Sport MM for a week and am happy.

The BMW round town was much more of a drivers car, responsive, didnt need to wait for the power etc. however, a lot of my time is on the motorway. Here i prefer the Lexus despite the MPG being better on my petrol BMW (around 40MPG on a run)!

The BMW SE spec had some nice extras and it was a lovely car to look at, but again, love the sport wheels and look of the lexus. Interior blew the BMW out of the water IMHO (didnt have iDrive or Sat Nav on mine).

Had a intermittent re-occuring mis-fire and lack of power on the BMW. Was in for about 8 days in total and never resolved, they blamed the software but said there wasnt an update yet, nor would there be in the short term. I also never got a courtesy car unless I booked in two weeks in advance (they only had 3 courtesy cars and it was a large BMW garage). All other elements of service etc were fine, providing I got a lift.

I guess I will be able to offer a full comparison after owning the Lexus for 2 years!

• 3 months later...

Well, I've had the Beemer (320d SE touring business edition - in Tasman with oyster leather) for a couple of weeks now and yes, it's certainly different to the Lexus.

In all honesty, it is a much better drive; more lively, responsive and the engine is a magnitude better than the 220d.

Okay, it hasn't got as many toys but a car is for driving and it does that admirably...

That surprises me - I find my IS220d to be very responsive and lively, very much "a driver's car" (except for all the problems I have with it). Can't compare it with a BMW though, so maybe my definition of "a driver's car" is a bit off.

Definitely piqued my interest, now I need to try out a 320d :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links