Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 And Babys Seats ?

lexus 200

hi all

me and the partner our expecting a baby so today we have been looking for car seats from birth to 4 years now ive been to many shops but most unhelpful

i have a lexus is200 se does any one know if and what 1s would fit in the rear seat?

needs to be birth to 4years

as the only 1 ive found so far will only go in the front seat !!

please help befour the other half makes me sell the is200 lol

Someone is talking out of there bum mate. I have seven kids aginetween 16 and 3 had many cars in that time. All baby seats fit in all cars front or back seats. baby seats are designed to connect to the iso sockets on the back seat or fasten to a 3 point seat belt. Just be carefull putting a baby seat in the front anyway as the air bag doesnt do the baby and favours in a crash.

yes that is correct. most seats will fit using the 3 point seatbelt as yours does not have isofix. the main point i was making in the pm, is that dont expect to find a base that fits using the seat belt as most of them rest against the buckle.

i think i have a feeling that you may have gone to Halfords.... so did i and they dont have a bloody clue the stupid morons.

go to mothercare, they have a better idea what is going on.

went to mothercare today in the lexus well there is no seat that fits the only one that did wasnt safe at all there was only part of the base on the chair and mothercare wouldnt advice it. so if any one has anymore infomation on other ideas as the lexus is very close to being put up for sale !!

like i said, i just bought a car seat 1 month ago and you WILL NOT find a base that will be safe because of the position of the seatbelt buckle.

you will have to just secure a seat with the 3 point belt. i got the maxi cosi cabriofix and that without the base fits perfectly as a rearward facing seat but this is only a group 0 seat.

There has been lots on this in the past, not sure how you search though.

I used a Brittax Rock a Tot when my youngest was first born. Can't remember what she want into after that though, as only really suitable when still small.

i decided to phone lexus today and they were very helpful gave me the details of the two that fits and have offered me to come and try the seat

their not cheap but at least it maybe possible

all i need to do is find a way of getting a bigger boot lol

i decided to phone lexus today and they were very helpful gave me the details of the two that fits and have offered me to come and try the seat

Hi, is it possible to inform us which seats did Lexus suggest?

Boot is plenty big enough. When youngest was only 3 months old, the 4 of us went camping in France with the IS. Got all baby palaver in, buggy etc. And got 70 litres of wine in the boot to bring back :whistling:

IS200 is a nightmare to get a proper fitting car seat for. I had a maxi cosi cabrio for when my one was first born fitted into a easybase (not the isofix easyfix base - as I don't have the isofix fittings).

Then when he was old enough, the ONLY seat the reliably fits the IS200 bucket rear seats and long botton seatbelt clip and is any good, is the Maxi cosi Tobi.

Most seats we tried suffered from buckle crunch problems, and the Tobi is specifically designed to fit cars that have this issue.

If you have isofix you are probably in a better position however. You can check by feeling between the back and rear section of the seats and see if you can feel 2 "clip" things. I think cars from Sept 2001 had them as standard.

I would advise getting fittings check in both halford AND mothercare as they can both be a bit hit and miss.

What ones did Lexus say? Also, check the seat manufactures website as they usually have a fitting section where you can check.

kev dood, how did you manage to get the easy base to fit in your lex. mines isnt isofix either and when i got mothercare and Halfords to test fit the easy base, it rested on the buckle completley covering it.

im having to fit the cabrio fix using the 3 point belt all of the time.

Are there IS's that have Isofix fittings?

I got a seat for my terrorist but didn't click to it there might be ISOFIX's :blush:

If you get a seat that does birth til 3-ish (never seen 0-4), make sure you can recline it sufficiently to lay the little one down the first 6-9 months.

Yeah, as I said, from mid/end of 2001 onwards they all had them as standard.

Umm, you could be right about the easybase. Mine fits as you said, with the belt buckle in the base section - which I guess is not good. But I hadn't checked the fitting of that!! Its only when I came to get the next seat that I found how much of a pain it is for our cars!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links