Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Has Anyone Used Warrantydirect

I don't think Lexus will extend the 1 yr used car warranty they have given me on my 2001 Ls430 come October. According to their own criteria the dealership should not even have given me a 1 yr one on the car as it's more than 8 yrs old.

Warrantydirect will take it on up to 10 years olds and less than 100,000 miles. They are quoting £500 if I want to use Lexus service centres. I understand they will negotiate, but has anyone on here used them and had reason to claim - if so what was the experience like.

Thanks

Mike

I don't think Lexus will extend the 1 yr used car warranty they have given me on my 2001 Ls430 come October. According to their own criteria the dealership should not even have given me a 1 yr one on the car as it's more than 8 yrs old.

Warrantydirect will take it on up to 10 years olds and less than 100,000 miles. They are quoting £500 if I want to use Lexus service centres. I understand they will negotiate, but has anyone on here used them and had reason to claim - if so what was the experience like.

Thanks

Mike

[/quote

Have had two experiences: first one with VW - had the car from new and just kept extending the warranty which was originally good but each year it covered less though always fully serviced by VW. By year 10 it only covered the transmission and engine. Second experience: Porsche but non-Porsche warranty - expensive but completely useless. Told me and confirmed to Porsche a repair was covered but later reneged. This was not Warranty Direct. My conclusion: keep the money in your account you'll need it when that repair comes along!

Thanks

Mike

I've used Warranty Direct for a few years and I can recommend them. My Lexus is with them and I have the full warranty including fuel cover, O2 sensors etc, I think I pay £400 pa and this is for a Lxus dealer repair too. If you do an on-line quote they should ring you with a better deal.

I made a claim about 4 years ago on a V6 car. The head gasket went and because the garage wasn't sure which side of the head had gone Warranty Direct ok''d for both gaskets to be replaced. True to their word I paid £50 excess and for oils and belts. The job came to £1100, i paid around £120.

A good company I can recommend! On a side, Honest John form the Telegraph rates them too as it's one of the few companies he hasn't had complaints about. Also What Car magazine sell their warranties though Warranty Direct.

PS - It doesn't matter what car or how old it is things can go wrong, even my 22k mile GS has had repairs, don't save your money in the bank as the other posted suggested, get a warranty. My GS needed a new ECU last year, the bill came to £3000. Warranty would have taken car of this had the garage not repaired it free of charge.

The whole, and only point, of an insurance company (as with any business) is to make money. If they don't make a profit, they go out of business. Since their only income is from your premiums, then clearly they will always receive more in premiums than they pay out in claims. QED.

The whole, and only point, of an insurance company (as with any business) is to make money. If they don't make a profit, they go out of business. Since their only income is from your premiums, then clearly they will always receive more in premiums than they pay out in claims. QED.

Very true but Warranty Companies are insurance Companies and they too make a profit, but would we be happy driving around with no insurance ( even if this was legal ) Warranties protect against unexpected large bills and you are buying peace of mind. I am a motor dealer and I use Warrantywise.co.uk who are similar to Warranty Direct -they do have some good points - no excess to pay, up to 5 year old cars all electrical and all mechanical parts are covered. no payment up-front, parts + labour + breakdown + European Use + Hotel exs if stranded + no 'betterment' + no 'consequetial damage' get out ( ie if something fails and damages another part eg cambelt goes and wrecks the engine all the repair is covered. You can use ant VAT garage for servicing/repairs. I often put warranties on my cars it's peace of mind that you pay for. Incidently I have no connection with WarrantyWise other than using them. Please check the accuracy of all this at their website. Regards. Carcar.co.uk

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links