Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Bougth A New Kenwood Headunit

Hi solhatt, i see from you sig that you own a 200 sport, this means you will have a amp, R/H drive IS200's (i'm assuming yours is L/H drive) amp is located behind the glovebox, so i am geussing that yours will be the same (sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong). you will need a ISO lead to go from the multi-plug at the amp up to your stereo in order for it to work. the small multiplug that goes into the back of your lexus stereo will not operate your kenwood one. and as Jay said, you will also need to source a fascia.

MINES

WOZZA'S fascia guide

okay i get it :) The wiring from the amp has a plug that only fit the original headunit.

guess i have to find a bypass cable on eBay or something. Guess I can get a iso adater from a dealer and as for the facia i allready got one :)

thanks for the help guys!

• 3 weeks later...

Seriously it was really hard to install my bypass cable! :o

The amp was placed on the right side of the car behind the glove compartment . Took med 1 hour and had do take apart bits of my dash to reach it.

It's a easy job for you guys in UK compared to this <_<

BTW: What do i have to do to get a dim source? I want my headunit to dim when switching the light switch

just so you know i own a 2004 sport lhd and have no amp... not sure why but none in mine... got 1 unused bypass cables and one integration cable

In the rest of europe the 8 speaker system was an option on all models, only in the UK did the SE and Sport have it as standard.

Seriously it was really hard to install my bypass cable! :o

The amp was placed on the right side of the car behind the glove compartment . Took med 1 hour and had do take apart bits of my dash to reach it.

It's a easy job for you guys in UK compared to this <_<

BTW: What do i have to do to get a dim source? I want my headunit to dim when switching the light switch

It's really hard for us too, and the easiest way is to remove bits of the dash. I bet you've got scratched/bleeding knuckles now :whistling: :shutit:

no mine has the 6 speaker system with out the amp

Yeah that's what I was trying to say but clearly not very well, while in the UK a sport had the 8 speaker system, in europe all cars had the 6 speaker system and the 8 speaker was an optional extra which is probably the reason why your sport doesn't have it :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links