Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

400se Or 400se-l

I am thinking of changing my car shortly and for a change I fancy the RX400. I've had a look at the specs and the difference seems to be in the audio spec and the SE does not have the parking camera. Have I missed anything else?

It probably depends on the year, but in 2008 when I bought mine new there was an 'SE', an 'SE Multimedia' and an 'SE-L'. The 'Multimedia' aspect was marketed somewhere between a major option and a separate model, but basically brings in the touch-screen display and all the stuff that comes with it - particularly the reversing camera and the sat nav. So Sat Nav may be the major discriminator for you. The SE-L was the SE Multimedia with the addition of the DVD player/screens in the front seat headrests for rear passengers. Most dealers said (and delivery times confirmed) that the SE Multimedia was the most popular variant. About the only thing on the options list for the SE Multimedia was, oddly, a rear-seat entertainment system, which unless was missing something turned it into an SE-L in all but name. Think there was also an SR (?) around at the time which was a slightly simpler SE - think you got less adjustable and non-memory seats etc.

If I could go back in time I'd still get the SE Multimedia - superb car, and only lacks the rear displays which I personally don't need.

Best of luck!

I am thinking of changing my car shortly and for a change I fancy the RX400. I've had a look at the specs and the difference seems to be in the audio spec and the SE does not have the parking camera. Have I missed anything else?

Yes Neil is right I also have a late 07 400h MM and apart from the rear headrest screens/dvd player the spec is the same ie fully loaded with goodies!

At the time unless you were lucky you would have paid more the the equiv S-EL.

Love the 400 having moved from the 300 which was also a great car.

Happy hunting and for your info my local Lexus dealership in Norwich have a couple of 400s and give superb service,I know these beasts are getting harder to find.All the best.Wayne

Thanks for the info. Bought one yesterday. Its a Sept 2008 SE Multimedia with the wood pack and front parking sensors in Aleutian Grey with black interior. Picking it up on Friday.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links