Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Vsc And Engine Management

Hi Guys

This is a desperate plea for help and information relateing to my IS250 SE-L

I bought my 2006 250 last year and to be honest I am over the moon with the comfort and drive of the vehicle, unfortunately last week my VSC warning light appeared on the dashboard so booked it in for Lexus to take a look.

Now the nasty part!!

They say I require 2 x Air/Fuel Sensors, 1 x Oxygen Sensors and a new Engine ECU

As you can imagine the quote is as big as the list of parts required at this moment in time standing at £1900

Just wondering if there are any other options I can look at getting down, I really find it hard to accept that a car of just 4 years old has all these problems with it,

Would really appreciate any help or advise on this matter

Regards

Steve

Drive to 2 different lexs dealers and have them do a diagnostic on it .I bet they all come up differentDont just take the one dealers word as they are all franchises and like to rub it in .

Coversely drive to northern Ireland and I will use the Toyota software to diagnose for free.

Hi Steve

Tried that one already, but they have already said they have no intention of giving any help, two reasons 1) car out of warranty and 2) it was not bought from a lexus dealer

Seems this VSC problem with the ECU is not an isolated fault seems to be quite a lot of people had the problem they were lucky enough to have it when the car was still under warranty though

keep searching me thinks before splashing the cash

Hi Steve

Tried that one already, but they have already said they have no intention of giving any help, two reasons 1) car out of warranty and 2) it was not bought from a lexus dealer

Seems this VSC problem with the ECU is not an isolated fault seems to be quite a lot of people had the problem they were lucky enough to have it when the car was still under warranty though

keep searching me thinks before splashing the cash

Oh dear! Early GS300's, 2005/06, are having this problem too. I had the VSC message and the quote was around £3000 for an ecu and o2 sensors.

I bought the car from an independent dealer and the car was out of warranty. I rang Lexus GB and they offered 50% towards the cost on the spot. How long have you had the car? I had mine less than 6 months so the supplying dealer and Lexus GB took care of the bill in full. This is something to do with consumer rights for used car purchases under 6 months old, makes a warranty worthless until after 6 months.

This is a problem that Lexus know about so at least 50% of the cost should be offered. Your dealer should help you with this.

Once you get your car sorted buy a warranty. I'm with Warranty Direct and have cover for everything, including ECU's etc, half the price of a Lexus warranty too.

Hope you get this sorted out!

Hi Knitware

I think that could be an option for the future, I know I purchased my car over 9 months ago now, so im pretty screwed by the looks of thinks, but any other information would be greatfully received

Mine has not gone into limp mode either and drives normaly

So it make me even more gutted that I can still use it as normal

Hi Knitware

I think that could be an option for the future, I know I purchased my car over 9 months ago now, so im pretty screwed by the looks of thinks, but any other information would be greatfully received

Mine has not gone into limp mode either and drives normaly

So it make me even more gutted that I can still use it as normal

Same problem as me, I could still drive the car as normal but it's annoying to see warning lights and it's an MOT failure!

Check back with your Lexus dealer, they know it's a problem. Ask them to contact Lexus GB on your behalf, you should get 50% toward the cost. Then haggle with your dealer to offer some help. The only other thing is to get the light reset and trade it in, a bit dishonest but................

Try your dealer first.

I have thought about the part exchange option, but I love the car and because I have only had it 9 months the money I will lose will most probably be about the same as the repair in full anyway so not really going be that much better off.

I know the dealer has spoken to Lexus GB and they have point blank refused to give any help and said becuase it was purchased from an independent dealer they have no cause to help out.

I might actually try ring Lexus (GB) and see if they have had a change of heart over the weekend!

Thanks

Steve

CUEBOY147 (you sound like the love child of Jimmy White (who has the number plate CUE 130Y) and Willie Thorne (who has the number plate A147 PRO))

LOL

Anyway, They have you over a barrel. But. I am surprised that a dealer is stating that all the sensors AND the ECU need replacing. Normally it would be on or the other...

I don't think they know or can tell what has gone, and are expecting you to pick up the entire bill in case they are wrong. My advice would be to take it to a good Independant garage first. Even if you end up having to replace it all, their labour charges should be a lot less.

Hi Gunter

i like the Jimmy White comment unfortunately look more like Steve Lee, lol

Just returned from the local Toyota garage who gave me a second opinion the came up with the following codes:

P0136 - Oxy Sensor Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 2

P0138 - Oxy Circuit High Voltage

P1550 - Battery Current Sensor Circuit

P1551 - Battery Current Sensor Circuit Low

Technician reckons because I had a flat Battery a few weeks prior to the lights coming on this has caused the P1550 & P1551, says I may have to have a new oxy sensor if the Engine Management light comes on again but this could have been caused by excess fuel when trying to start with a flat Battery, lights are out now for the time being lets hope they stay that way!!!!!

cheers guys for your help and advise though and saved me getting suckered into paying Lexus £1900 +

Jumped in my car this morning and started her ready ready to de-ice the windows. Straight away I though the engine sounded a little odd, very low revs. Anyway, after de-icing the windows for 5 minutes I got in the car and noticed that the display said "check VSC" with the traction control light and the red triangle light up. The yellow/orange picture of an engine was also flashing. I switched the engine off and back on again and the lights disappeared.

Since my extended warranty runs out in 6 days, I took it straight to Lexus Sheffield. They had the computer on it and the only error code reported was something to do with the stearing off centre! They've cleared this and I haven't seen the error since (used the car 3 times so far). Very strange.

• 3 months later...

Got my vehicle from Lexus Sheffield a year ago a 55 plate. After a year of use 50k on the clock I had a VSC warning same as you took it back to Lexus who are currently diagnosing the problem, they called me this morning advising its a Engine ECU I bought the car from the dealer with a 2 year warrantee so hopefully I'll be covered - we'll see what happens. Whats the situation with yours?

Got my vehicle from Lexus Sheffield a year ago a 55 plate. After a year of use 50k on the clock I had a VSC warning same as you took it back to Lexus who are currently diagnosing the problem, they called me this morning advising its a Engine ECU I bought the car from the dealer with a 2 year warrantee so hopefully I'll be covered - we'll see what happens. Whats the situation with yours?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links