Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Got Acquainted With The Grass... :crybaby:

Lance

Friday night on my way home from work my Lexus decided to do silly circles on the dual carriageway in the snow, ending up with me travelling backwards up a grass embankment. Not good. I just missed a pole so could have been much much worse. I couldn't have chose to crash in a better place as there was no kerbs or obstructions, just a soft grassy embankment for the car to land in - Be thankful for small mercies I suppose!

Limped the car home, knew something wasn't right with the steering wheel being in the 10 O Clock postion and felt really wonky to drive.

Daylight. Gave the car a look over. Thankfully no panel, wheel or body damage. The N/S wheel definitely appears to be pointing in more than it should. Took it to a reputable wheel alignment place, every wheel was out and the steering rack was bent. Not good.

Tried to get a Blueprint part, apparently the do not even list the Lexus for the part - the guy in the parts shop was giving me horror stories of an aftermarket rack costing upwards of £500... not what I want to hear!

Got one. Genuine, Secondhand £100 !! Whaahey! The Breakers may be dirty, rough and ready but he really is your friend!

Got the rack fitted, 4 wheel alignment and the car has never felt better! (Total Cost £240 - One very satisfied and relieved owner, I was all too aware that I could have really caused some damage to the suspension and steering...

So...

Charles Hurst Tyres, Belfast

Speedyfit, Larne

Traynors Motorstore, Armagh

Thank you!

Sounds like you escaped there mate! Glad the crash was nothing serious to yourself or the car :)

Thanks for that lads, I really did escape there!

I knew that the Lexus was a tail happy monster in the snow but just how violently and quickly the car went out of control took me completely by surprise and with no warning whatsoever. I had just left a roundabout and had gradually increased acceleration to clear a small rise in the road, I had just got into third gear that's when it all went badly wrong.. Next thing I knew I was fighting the wheel but the tail whipped round putting the car into multiple spins careering backwards off the road at a considerable speed. This happened in a very light dusting of snow on a dual carriageway. Just because it's a good road and it has just fallen doesn't mean you've got traction. That's where I made the fatal mistake. I thought there was more grip than there actually was.

Was a very scary escapade. Thanks also to the young couple who seen the whole thing happening and stopped to see I was okay. The female passenger was very shaken as all she could see was my car being flung sideways in the direction of a light pole. She thought I was a goner, she told me I missed it by inches!

To the person driving a red Kia who was ahead of the young couple and never stopped. I hope you never need help. What goes around my friend. That also comes around.

winter tyres! next time you could kill yourself or others

Winter tyres are a rarity in the UK, just takes caution plus the main roads should be gritted. This could happen to anyone driving any car.

Glad your ok, you must have papped yourself!

The repairs were an amazing turnaround too!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links