Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hole On The Box?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Felix

Hi Guys,

I've done some work on the car, some Fxxx cut a hole on the ECU box.

pic1:

IMG_3026.JPG

and the hole:

IMG_3029.JPG

is it important to seal it and what's the best way to seal it?

thanks

Felix

1st, is it important to seal it? or can I just leave it like this?

2nd, when you say silicone, you mean normal bathroom silicone or some special stuff?

sounds silly, but I got to ask .

Felix

you must must must seal the hole now!!!!get some black silicone and do it asap water in their could mean your car stops working..

can i ask whats extra ecu all about??

Hi guys, got it sorted now,

also thanks for asking, actully I am supprised no one asked apart from ORMI, maybe they all knew...... gods or gurus.

it's a ECU for Gas, he he he......

it's great so far, smooth and with 3% of power drop which I am happy with.

I thought the engine bay is quite hostile environment, will silicone really do the job? any other ways?

ta...

Silicon is fantastic stuff. Not only does it get in between your toes when you walk dwon the beach, or hold the brickwork together in you buildings. It's also making your pc/laptops small enough to fit in to a small room or even your lap.

But the best thing about silicon...Esp when you make it into a sealant is...

It is heatproof from -45c up to 150c So it's fine in the engine compartment so long as it isn't for turbo/exhaust use.

It doesn't like petro-chemicals when it comes to adhering though. So if you need it to stick to something make sure the area is cleaned well first.

3% power reduction?

I'm struggling with standard tbh. I jumped out of a gen 7 Celica into the Lexus and the Lexus is really lacking in low end grunt. About the same mid-range as the Celica but peters out too early imho for a VVTI.

Fuel economy does suck but not sure I could sacrifice more power loss for gas.

VERY eductional stuff Kiefels.

3% for me is nothing, I am too old to get around an aroundabout at 70.

safty and comfort are on top of my list.

thanks for the info anyway.

Felix

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links