Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help Battery/starting Problems

newtsis200

hi everyone i am new to this and have done something really dumb.i own an is200 which i am afraid to say has been stood idle for the last 12 months,i have decided to do something with it?? not quite sure yet but have problem,i charged the flat Battery the wrong way round and connected back to the car incorrectly the indicatords came on and stayed on till i realised wot i had done i have since tried another Battery and the only things that work are the indicators,courtesy door lighs.no ignition lights no whaling alarm please help thanks in advance

andy

Hi,

Well at least you have made your 1st post after joining the LOC over 2 years ago albeit under dire circumstances.

As Rob says check all the fuses in particular the high current ones in the engine compartment fuse box although there may be others blown as well.

BTW how did you manage to connect the Battery the wrong way around? normally the leads won't stretch to fit and the terminals are different sizes.

Hi,

Well at least you have made your 1st post after joining the LOC over 2 years ago albeit under dire circumstances.

As Rob says check all the fuses in particular the high current ones in the engine compartment fuse box although there may be others blown as well.

BTW how did you manage to connect the battery the wrong way around? normally the leads won't stretch to fit and the terminals are different sizes.

i disconnected the Battery and it was that flat i did not notice i connected the charger to the wrong terminals and it charged it so positive became negative :crybaby:

Hi,

BTW how did you manage to connect the battery the wrong way around? normally the leads won't stretch to fit and the terminals are different sizes.

i disconnected the Battery and it was that flat i did not notice i connected the charger to the wrong terminals and it charged it so positive became negative :crybaby:

yeah checked the fuses,only one that seems to be blown is radio,still stuck!!!live in chaddesden you??

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links