Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

After all the aggravation and p*ss poor running issues, today was the day I said goodbye to my IS220d....

Well actually I walked away and didn't so much as give it a second look.... what a relief to be out of it.

To say the IS has been a disappointment is an understatement, it's such a good looking car, comfortable and generally well built. However, it's inexcusable at best, irresponsible at worst, for a brand of the standing of Lexus to produce such a poorly engineered drive train as I and many others have experienced (although I acknowledge many are satisfied with their cars). Yes the later cars felt better but I never had long enough in one to be convinced. Despite the best efforts of the techs at my dealership, the intermittent poor running and stumbling, poor economy and noisy gearbox issues have never gone away.

To add insult to injury, speaking with my financial director today, the best offer he's had for the car is £7,200, about 66% less that was paid for it. Pretty horrific depreciation for a car that's 26 months old....

I'd like to thank everyone on here for listening to my rants and offering advice, much appreciated. It's a good knowledgeable forum, keep up the good work!

As I've written else where, I'm moving to something german, my new Scirocco is awaiting collection tomorrow morning at 9am!

Thanks again all

Take care

MP

Sorry to hear you had such a poor experience, but going on reviews here you're clearly not alone! Good luck with the scirocco, they're great looking cars so hopefully you'll have a better time with that one.

You're a business user and managed to get out after 26 months, what about the poor old private buyer and that depreciation, doesn't bear thinking about. Thank goodness the newer ones seem to be a lot better.

Best of luck.

Im still thinking about the is 250, i take it they dont have as many problems as the diesels.

I think you're right. Get a 250 and don't look back - they're everything a Lexus should be - creamy auto box and silky V6.

The 220s I've has as courtesy cars were OK (though they lose revs massively just after you pull away at junctions), but I just don't think a 'real' Lexus can have a diesel engine (IMHO).

My IS250 (I had six IS200s before that!!) has (touch wood) been wonderful. The usual rattly dash for a while, but cured at Lexus Derby.

I'd take the plunge and get the IS250 - but make sure you get an auto with the Levinson Stereo (so either an SE-L Auto or a pre-2009 SE Auto with MM)

It will be an SE-L with acc if i can find one. I would imagine they are going all hybrid because of the diesel issues and as you say, a real lexus cant be a diesel, as they just cant match the petrol refinement/hybrid refinement.

I went from an IS200 and wanted to get an IS250 but as i couldnt find the exact car i wanted i.e. Auto, SE-L, Multimedia, PCS, I couldnt be bothered to wait until I fould one so I got a BMW 320si on an 06 plate.. First of all I loved it but it took 4 months to make me decide I never want to own a BMW again. They are so boring its untrue... So I traded it in and got the IS250 that I wanted in the first place! I can safely say it was the best decsion I've made in a long time! The IS250 on an Auto with MM and Mr Levinson's 14 speakers make this car absolutely amazing! I love it!

I agree with you, the interior of the bmw is boring, all BMW has realy is the handing, but you have to be going above the speed limits to exploit that, i think every day driving, the lexus is more than a match, and the interior, as i've said before is so much better than the bmw and most others.

I'm finding it hard to wait untill the Ch comes out, i like the IS that much, i just wish the seats went a bit lower, as i feel like im perched up high in the ones i've tried.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links