Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Extremely Bad Service

:angry: I made the mistake of buying my Lexus from Arnold Clark Toyota in Aberdeen and not my usual Lexus dealer in Aberdeen. To say that the after sales service is abysmal is an understatement. They couldn't care less. I've had a few problems, and the sales people told me it wasn't their problem as they only "sell" the cars. I could fill a couple of pages with the debacle dealing with A. Clark Toyota Aberdeen, but I won't bore you with it. Suffice to say that after spending a shed load of money with this shower, they will get NO MORE business from, my family, relatives, friends, and friends friends. (crap dealer news does travel fast!!).

On the good side, the Lexus Aberdeen dealer now has my car and is dealing with it in their usaual super efficient and customer focused way. They have told me I really don't have to bother with the Toyota cowboys anymore. Thank Gooodness. ( I'm sure all Toyota dealers are NOT the same as Arnold Clark). My recommendation is to steer well clear of them!!!!!!!

Col. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Don't know whether or not Lexus Aberdeen are owned by a large motor group but I've found dealing with smaller, privately owned dealers ( if you can find them ) you get better service as they tend to look more long term, not at just this months sales figures.

i'm sure you have rights and can't just be fobbed off with "we only sell them"

Rory, I had a real go at them, but, as I'm a bit older, I just don't have the energy to go in to battle with them. When I am less emotional, I'll write a letter of complaint to "Mr. Arnold Clark" himself, but, I know it will end up in file "WPB".. (Waste Paper Bin!!). I'm lucky that Lexus Aberdeen are with me on this and are helping to remove the hastle. Problem is, up here, ther eis still plenty Oil Dosh about, so, I'm just another punter who will be fobbed off as there are plenty more mugs around who'll spend their money there. Wot's the old syaing??? "Would you buy a second hand car from him???"..... was going to add a "LOL", but I don't feel like laughing mate.

Col..... :crybaby:

My old employers had no end of issues with Arnold Clark in General, Arnold Clark Glasgow seemed to throw up issues on services that weren't actually there!!

l

I heard that about Arnold Clark Ford in Aberdeen.... I won't spend any more money there ever mate...

Col

i'm sure you have rights and can't just be fobbed off with "we only sell them"

Rory, I had a real go at them, but, as I'm a bit older, I just don't have the energy to go in to battle with them.

Fully understand what you mean. Unfortunately there are lot's of "Arnold Clark's" around.

Hi,

I have read your post, and am sorry you are unhapy with our Toyota Branch. If you can give some details, and e-mail to online.customer.services@arnoldclark.co.uk - we will be happy to help if we can.

I am glad you find Lexus Aberdeen helpful however, that is one of ours too, so I am sure we can help you out in some way.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Alasdair

Customer Services

Hi,

I have read your post, and am sorry you are unhapy with our Toyota Branch. If you can give some details, and e-mail to online.customer.services@arnoldclark.co.uk - we will be happy to help if we can.

I am glad you find Lexus Aberdeen helpful however, that is one of ours too, so I am sure we can help you out in some way.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Alasdair

Customer Services

I don't know who you are, and from your post, I do not know if you are genuine. I also wonder why, if you are really Arnold Clarkes' CSR, why you are communicating on behalf of the Glasgow branch?

Interesting to hear from Arnold Clark, and does prove that the dealers do quietly monitor these forums so venting can sometimes help! If the Lexus dealer is owned by the same group, there is no excuse for the Toyota dealer to exhibit such behaviour.

Hope you sort this asap, as otherwise I doubt anyone who visits these forums would be too happy about using your dealerships.......

Interesting to hear from Arnold Clark, and does prove that the dealers do quietly monitor these forums so venting can sometimes help! If the Lexus dealer is owned by the same group, there is no excuse for the Toyota dealer to exhibit such behaviour.

Hope you sort this asap, as otherwise I doubt anyone who visits these forums would be too happy about using your dealerships.......

Parthiban, I've dealt with the Lexus people in Aberdeen for around 3 years. To say that their Sales and Service to me has been exemplary is an understatement. I have reflected this when called by Lexus UK to give my customer feedback. As far as I am aware, AC have the Lexus franchise as well as many other dealer franchises such as ford, Citroen, blah de blah. I did ask the salesman why their was a deviated approach from Lexus to toyota, and was told that their processes are different, even though they were operated by the same group??? I have dealt with AC Volvo also, and never had a problem with them, so, my dissatisfaction remains wholly with AC Toyota. I think that very young, over confident and inexperienced senior sales people who are focused on volume sales and not Customer Service Excellence is probably where their problem originates. So, I'll stick with the Lexus people. No hassle that way. It is really up to individuals whether they decide not to deal with AC Toyota as I can only voice my dissatisfaction and the knock on effect that is inevitable to friends, friends of friends, family and professional colleagues.

Col... :sick::sick:

i have no experience of any dealings with arnold clark, but it always makes sense to deal with lexus, as i have experience the service you receive is far superior to any of the big companies who seem only interested in telling you there;s something else needed which isn't. hope you get sorted mate

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links