Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all

Been on the lookout for a Lex for a while now. Was set on an IS200 but have been offered a very nice X reg silver GS300 SE in mint condition with all the nice goodies such as DVD sat nav, touch screen etc. etc.

However, the mileage is a tad high for a 2001 X reg car in my opinion. It has 90k on the clock :o

But judging by the condition of the car, no stone chipping on the front etc. I'd say that these were mainly motorway miles and the car does have an extensive Lexus history and feels like new to drive.

I can buy the car for £16k. Now I know if these cars are properly maintained they will probably go on forever and ever. Should the mileage put me off the car? And what do you guys think about the price? Should I haggle for more off seeing it has 90k on it?

Thanks in advance

Gavin :)

Mine's got 138K on it and is still perfect mate - as long as it has a full Lexus service history I wouldn't let the mileage put you off at all.

£16K sounds way over the top on price though - have a look at Autotrader to get an idea of how much these go for. You could get an older one with less mileage on for MUCH less

Hi £16000 is over the top, I was offered that for my GS300 on an X with 27,000 on the clock. I'd haggle them down if your happy with the car. You can get a price check from Parkers from the link of autotrader on the net which will give you an idea of what it should be worth. :)

If your not trading in then you should be in a position to get it cheaper, is it from a Lexus dealer or private?

Dealer prices include their profit margin for putting the car straight valeting, sale commission and possible trade in's etc. (not forgetting the warranty)

There is about 3-4K difference in what they value a car at as to what they sell it for.

If your happy with the car and feel it's worth it -go for it! The 2001 model was the updated version as well which should have the gear shifters on the steering wheel and the curtain air bags on the wondscreen pillars as well as a few cosmetic differences to the previous one.

i AGREE price sounds very high think you could do a lot better.Also be sure that front has not been resprayed as high miles on motorway and lack of chips on front sounds a bit iffy.

Tell me about it - doing between 200 and 300 most days and getting a not so nice pebble dashed look tot he GS :sad:

On the bright side I'd not be so relaxed in a different car B)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links