Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Look What I Bought Yesterday

Mars

That looks like a really nice job, and like the reflective surface - make sure to get some pics of them in the sun once you get them on the car :)

Might be sometime before I fit them as I hope to have the car resprayed before I do so. Actually the pictures do not do them justice as I think they will look better under the right lighting conditions.

Had two incidents where someone keyed the car and also dented the drivers door. I have also noticed some chips on the bonnet and front bumper as well. I have been quoted £700 to do the offside, bonnet, front and rear bumpers. The guy who will do it used to have an IS200 himself. Any recommendations on tyres??

I am not in a hurry as I have two sets of these and will need to shift one set in the future.

Hard luck with all that damage, but car will look brand new after you've had all that work and the wheels on!

I've heard the michelin PS3s and vredestein ultrac sessantas are probably the best tyres about at the mo - I still think the goodyears I have are fantastic when it's warm but they didn't react well during the cold winter we just had so can't recommend them anymore :)

I still think the goodyears I have are fantastic when it's warm but they didn't react well during the cold winter we just had so can't recommend them anymore :)

I think you are being a bit hard on the F1A's, like you my last set of tyres were if the F1A's and they were brilliant in the warm but totally useless in the snow/ice. The F1A's are a summer tyre, so in bad snow and ice they will be :tsktsk: just like any other summer tyre.

I think you are being a bit hard on the F1A's, like you my last set of tyres were if the F1A's and they were brilliant in the warm but totally useless in the snow/ice. The F1A's are a summer tyre, so in bad snow and ice they will be :tsktsk: just like any other summer tyre.

No I didn't mean the snow - any summer tyre is going to be poor on that. This was on bone dry roads but cold temperatures, at anything under about 5C I had dramatically reduced grip. At first I thought there was something wrong with the car, but as the temp has warmed up again the car has completely transformed.

I know tyre temps are generally race talk, so this is really weird but the F1As appear to be highly temp sensitive. However if you have a winter set of tyres, or are happy to take it easy during the winter, then they are still a great set of tyres.

Hard luck with all that damage, but car will look brand new after you've had all that work and the wheels on!

I've heard the michelin PS3s and vredestein ultrac sessantas are probably the best tyres about at the mo - I still think the goodyears I have are fantastic when it's warm but they didn't react well during the cold winter we just had so can't recommend them anymore :)

I like the look of the Vredesteins and the fact that reveiws seem to indicate they are comfortable and quieter. Will have to shop around to see what I can get them for.

They're about £90 from camskill (plus maybe £10 to get them fitted). Actually WIM are a vredestein dealer now I think so worth asking them too :)

Ok but I will try my local tyre shop in Turnpike Lane as I got a cracking deal on my Goodyear Eagle F1's last time round.

They're about £90 from camskill (plus maybe £10 to get them fitted). Actually WIM are a vredestein dealer now I think so worth asking them too :)

Ok but I will try my local tyre shop in Turnpike Lane as I got a cracking deal on my Goodyear Eagle F1's last time round.

You sound quite local to me then! :whistling:

I usually go to Protyre in Enfield who are pretty decent on prices and they have a really nice garage where I know my wheels are in safe hands :)

You sound quite local to me then! :whistling:

I usually go to Protyre in Enfield who are pretty decent on prices and they have a really nice garage where I know my wheels are in safe hands :)

We recently had contact via PM. I am in Palmers Green.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links