Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Broke The Damn Bonnet Prop Clip

Don't suppose anyone knows where I might get one, or even if Lexus still can supply them? It is on a Y plate IS200 if they changed with any years.

The assembly looks to be moulded plastic held on by one bolt.

Currently I have the bonnet prop retained by a twistee tie wrap that is used on electrical goods when they are packed.

Works but looks messy so want to get it fixed ASAP.

Last thing I need is more cost when the MOT is due this week and I can't tell from looking, whether it is a crack in the windscreen running out of a repaired stone chip, or whether it is a scratch caused by grit getting stuck in the remains of the chip and being scraped up by the wipers.

Cheers guys.

Yes, that is the correct part for your car as it covers IS200 from 99-05 ansd I can also do them at the same price if anybody else needs them. :)

Yep, as Phil says that will fit your car.

I replaced mine last year- got the replacement from eBay (different seller though). 5 min job- undo the old one (you need a 10mm socket to undo the bolt), pull out the broken bracket (lever it out with a screwdriver), fit the replacement and fit/tighten up the 10mm bolt- job done.

Mine went a couple of years ago. Got a replacement from Lexus Liverpool. They had them in stock! It is a very common failure. Wasn't expensive, but expensive for what it is.

The seller I linked to got back to me while the forum was in DB maintenance. So I stuck an order in.

Since then I found another about £1 dearer but £2 cheaper on postage. Oh well.

Hopefully should have it before weekend and be perfect again.

If MOT goes OK on Saturday, I might treat my toy to some ICE, and have a CD player that actually works instead of giving ERR1 whatever kind of disc is installed.

The seller I linked to got back to me while the forum was in DB maintenance. So I stuck an order in.

Since then I found another about £1 dearer but £2 cheaper on postage. Oh well.

Hopefully should have it before weekend and be perfect again.

If MOT goes OK on Saturday, I might treat my toy to some ICE, and have a CD player that actually works instead of giving ERR1 whatever kind of disc is installed.

I had another question - didn't want to create a seperate thread. Have you got any ideas, where it would be possible to get a front floor mat fixator (piece that connects the floor mat to the floor). eBay?..

I had another question - didn't want to create a seperate thread. Have you got any ideas, where it would be possible to get a front floor mat fixator (piece that connects the floor mat to the floor). eBay?..

Is there a local Lexus/Toyota garage near you? They may have some spares lying around (the clips normally come with new sets of mats).

You can call up Toyota for the same spare part, the Toyota guy said supra, avensis and is200/300 shared the same part number for the bonnet clip and was £1 or so cheaper than the price quoted on eBay if you live near a dealer it might be an option. According to the parts guy, the bonnet clip is the weakest link in the is200/300, nothing else brakes... very reassuring.

I tell you what, even though the hook part of the clip breaks, the rest of it is pretty bombproof.

I needed a very large screwdriver and a pair of plier to extract the remains after the bolt was out.

When someone said snap the old one out, they were right. It look a lot of brute force and came out in two pieces very quickly after not budging for ages.

but the new one clipped in as easy as anything.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links