Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sunroof

Hi again i still have a problem with my sunroof have posted a topic previously but no feed back.

Im in serious needs for someone that can help i have checked everything i could think of, my problem is that i have got no power source at the sunroof motor or switch. (earths or lives) i have been told they are earths! but anyway i havnt got either. i have checked the fuse there is no problem. i have also chased the wire back there is no breaks or signs of damage. everything else in the car is working fine so i no the ecu-ig is ok. Please any help would be grateful hope to here from people many thanks

Matt

The sunroof ecu appears to be in the roof near the switch / motor.

There's 2 fuses involved, both in drivers side kick panel. 30A labelled Sunroof and 10A labelled ECU-IG.

The wires from the switch just go to the ecu and as you say it's just a matter of which switch is pressed as to which function is earthed / activated.

There's no power source at the switch. The power just goes straight to the ecu.

The plug at the switch has 6 pin connector like this ...

3 2 1

6 5 4

Pin no. and coloured wires ...

4) Red wire for tilt up

3) Red+White wire for tilt down

2) Blue+Red wire for slide close

1) Blue+White wire for slide open

When the appropriate button is pushed will have continuity to ...

6) White+Black wire is earth

The ecu has a connector like this ...

1_2_____3__4

5_6_7_8_9_10

(sorry about the underbars but spaces just vanished)

Pin 4 is constant Battery voltage.

Pin 3 is Battery voltage with ignition ON and no voltage with ignition LOCK or ACC **

Pin 10 is grounded when front door opened.

Pin 7 and 8 constant ground.

Pins 1,2,5,6 grounded as close, open, up, down button pushed respectively.

** Exceptions

During 60 seconds after ignition switched from ON to OFF/ACC

Until driver or passenger door opened after ignition switched from ON to OFF/ACC

Not sure if this will be any help but worth a try ... :duh:

TG

The sunroof ecu appears to be in the roof near the switch / motor.

There's 2 fuses involved, both in drivers side kick panel. 30A labelled Sunroof and 10A labelled ECU-IG.

The wires from the switch just go to the ecu and as you say it's just a matter of which switch is pressed as to which function is earthed / activated.

There's no power source at the switch. The power just goes straight to the ecu.

The plug at the switch has 6 pin connector like this ...

3 2 1

6 5 4

Pin no. and coloured wires ...

4) Red wire for tilt up

3) Red+White wire for tilt down

2) Blue+Red wire for slide close

1) Blue+White wire for slide open

When the appropriate button is pushed will have continuity to ...

6) White+Black wire is earth

The ecu has a connector like this ...

1_2_____3__4

5_6_7_8_9_10

(sorry about the underbars but spaces just vanished)

Pin 4 is constant battery voltage.

Pin 3 is battery voltage with ignition ON and no voltage with ignition LOCK or ACC **

Pin 10 is grounded when front door opened.

Pin 7 and 8 constant ground.

Pins 1,2,5,6 grounded as close, open, up, down button pushed respectively.

** Exceptions

During 60 seconds after ignition switched from ON to OFF/ACC

Until driver or passenger door opened after ignition switched from ON to OFF/ACC

Not sure if this will be any help but worth a try ... :duh:

TG

sorry to sound dumb but when you say the ecu are you on about the motor? if not where could i find this?

Sorry just read your post again so there is a ecu aswell in the roof so theres a motor the switch and the ecu is that correct?

it sounds like more than a couple of hrs to look at so will look at it on weekend many thanks for your time hope i will sort it! where did you get that book from? seems quite a handy thing to have?

That was 2 books, nos 2 + 3 below. They're Lexus repair manuals that dealers have ...

Not sure if they're still available to buy but these are the part numbers of the ones I got ....

1) RM684E1 .... Repair manual volume 1 ... Some basic maintenance info and a whole bunch of flow charts for diagnostic procedures.

2) RM684E2 .... Repair manual volume 2 ... I think this is the best of the bunch. Bit like having a mega comprehensive haynes book.

3) EWD368F .... Electrical wiring diagram ... Part locations, connector details and complete wiring diagrams ... English, French, Spanish, German.

Alternatively they're all here in pdf format .... http://www.bahamutcars.com/workshop/IS_98-05/index.html

TG

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links