Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Halo Lights

They seem to look ok.. the only thing that bothers me is the fact that you have to take the whole headlight apart and fit them yourself...would be so much handier if you could just buy them. but if your definately wantin to fit them, those seem to be the job..brighter than the ordinary ones i guess.

I have been concidering fitting halo lights to my IS and i have came across these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LEXUS-IS200-IS300-CCFL-HALO-ANGEL-EYE-HEAD-LIGHTS-98-05_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4839b4962dQQitemZ310205781549QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories but never heard of them what do you think?

I`d go for it lad. I was thinking the same and just went for it and i`m glad I did it. They look the part now,turns quite a few heads now. For something relatively inexpensive,you can`t go wrong. Check out my topic and you can see the work I did and some instructions how to do it. I bought my Halo lights on e-bay from www.creativeauto.co.uk. Good luck with the project.

the dippd beam is just the same without them i also painted them black

and they look alot better with the chrome pice painted the hardest part of

the job is spliting the light unit ,youre better to put them in the oven!

i would show u the piks but i lost my lead for my phone to my usb :huh:

Definately recommend painting them whilst you have them apart for the halos. Some people have colour coded them with the car but i think black looks best. Baking the adhesive soft in the oven and opening them up isn't as difficult as it seems but make sure you use a decent glue to hold the halos in place as sticky pads will degrade in time. Also put a bag of silica gel in the back of each light to stop condensation (its the little bags you get in shoe boxes and electrical goods boxes). Its a really effective and satisfying mod if you do it.

Definately recommend painting them whilst you have them apart for the halos. Some people have colour coded them with the car but i think black looks best. Baking the adhesive soft in the oven and opening them up isn't as difficult as it seems but make sure you use a decent glue to hold the halos in place as sticky pads will degrade in time. Also put a bag of silica gel in the back of each light to stop condensation (its the little bags you get in shoe boxes and electrical goods boxes). Its a really effective and satisfying mod if you do it.

What glue would you suggest, thinking of doing this mod soon.

I did this mod....I went for angel eyes, painted the chrome surround matt black but left the side corners chrome and the orange filters in (just like the late OEM headlights).

I wanted the late OEM look but with Angel eyes.

Also if you have HIDs, painting the surround matt black eliminated about 75% of the glare caused by retrofit HIDs.

I heated the lights back up again to refit the glass, and then run a bead of clear silicone around the edge to provide a 100% seal - NO MORE MISTING :-)

MUCH BETTER - well chuffed!! And like another member has just said, it turns a lot of heads now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would get the Halos or rather Angel Eyes as they are often reffered and they are always associated with BMWs not Saxos.

I put them in my is200 sport but dint paint the interiors black but i did remove the orange reflector though.

They look stunning and they really turn heads.

heres a link to the ones i brought from eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LEXUS-IS200-IS300-CCFL-ANGEL-EYES-8000K-BEST-WORLD-/160372327414?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2556ef83f6

Go for it mate its easy to do and it doesnt take long to do either.

And your car doesnt look pikeyfied either with this mod.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links