Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Battery - Still Dead Is200

Hi guys

I've been a proud owner of an IS200 SE since 03. Best value car I ever bought. Only problem I ever had, was the Battery going flat if the car wasn't driven for a couple of weeks in very cold weather. Happened again a few weeks back and long story short after finding that the Battery wouldn't take a charge, I eventually replaced the Battery today. Battery was from the Lexus service centre in London.

Only problem is, the car is still dead! Thought it might be the immobiliser, but after getting a few tips of these forums re resetting the immobiliser and trying these out, it still won't start. More concerning is that none of the dashboard lights come on either. I can only turn on: hazzard lights, head lamps and the security light flashes, but that's it. not even a click.

Any help you can give me will be very much appreciated.

thanks

Morne

thanks for the feedback guys. i'm not very mechanically inclined when it comes to cars, so i think i'm going to have to bite the bullet and see if I can get a professinal out to look at it. any recommendations for South East London? they will have to come out as the car isn't going anywhere.

cheers

Hi guys

I've been a proud owner of an IS200 SE since 03. Best value car I ever bought. Only problem I ever had, was the battery going flat if the car wasn't driven for a couple of weeks in very cold weather. Happened again a few weeks back and long story short after finding that the battery wouldn't take a charge, I eventually replaced the battery today. Battery was from the Lexus service centre in London.

Only problem is, the car is still dead! Thought it might be the immobiliser, but after getting a few tips of these forums re resetting the immobiliser and trying these out, it still won't start. More concerning is that none of the dashboard lights come on either. I can only turn on: hazzard lights, head lamps and the security light flashes, but that's it. not even a click.

Any help you can give me will be very much appreciated.

thanks

Morne

have you checked the main - BIG THICK CHUNKY - fuses in the engine compartment fuse box ? (fusible links)

I had a very similar problem after having had some issues with my Battery and failed attempts at a jump start. It does sound like a fuse has gone. Would implore you to follow lexynik's advice as this is what AA found when I called them out at the time. I seem to recall having some issue with the fuse and housing which meant a tow and fix at the dealership (cost around £50 to rectify) otherwise I would have bought the fuse and replaced myself (not mechanically inclined also!).

Best of luck mate.

I have a guy coming out tonight to have a look. trying to get this done on a bit of a deadline, so hopefully it's something he can fix onsite. will def mention to him to check the fuse first. much appreciate.

hiya-i just checked under my bonnet-the fusiblelinks are the furthest two fuses on the left of your fusebox-mine are a yellow kinda colour-you cant really miss them or not see if ones blown as they are so big and easy to see even if you are not really mechanically minded-they look in design a bit like old house fuses used to look before trip switches came out-hope it helps

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links