Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

HI Guy's,

I'm getting a very faint sound at the speakers with volume all the way up and need help!!!!!!!! The radio worked until i needed to make an emergency stop and then nothing. I later switched on the radio and sound came back till i braked heavily again and then it went again. Now what i didn't know was that although i had a leak into the boot (from the plastic panel right after the rear window coming loose)was the amount of water in the wells in the boot it was like a pond with it's own tyre at the bottom!!!!!! I have taken away the rear panel to the petrol tank and woofer and can see a box with pioneer electronics on it, is this the amplifier? as moving the wires have no effect to the volume. Also the wire loom on the hinge of the boot seems to be intact so no real worries there? I also removed the facia that surrounds the cd changer and again looks fine? Now we all know that you need sounds to appreciate the luxury of such a beautiful car hope you can help!!!!!! :sick: :tsktsk: :crybaby:

HI Guy's,

I'm getting a very faint sound at the speakers with volume all the way up and need help!!!!!!!! The radio worked until i needed to make an emergency stop and then nothing. I later switched on the radio and sound came back till i braked heavily again and then it went again. Now what i didn't know was that although i had a leak into the boot (from the plastic panel right after the rear window coming loose)was the amount of water in the wells in the boot it was like a pond with it's own tyre at the bottom!!!!!! I have taken away the rear panel to the petrol tank and woofer and can see a box with pioneer electronics on it, is this the amplifier? as moving the wires have no effect to the volume. Also the wire loom on the hinge of the boot seems to be intact so no real worries there? I also removed the facia that surrounds the cd changer and again looks fine? Now we all know that you need sounds to appreciate the luxury of such a beautiful car hope you can help!!!!!! sick.gifcensored.gifcry.gif

I had exactly the same problem, used to drive carefully because a quick stop would mute the radio!

I read a lot of posts that suggested the phone "mute" was coming on (I don't have a phone) and that the fix was to wiggle and reseat the connectors in the cable connector under the rear seat, passenger side. Getting the seat out is a struggle, getting it back in is near impossible, but I found and fiddled around with a connector I found under there and the problem has gone.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links