Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Today i had ,,,a firm called Enhance Tel: 01795 510767 Car Audio & Security Car...MAIDSTONE/ SITTINGBOURNE fit my after market double din fully loaded gps tv dvd radio, reverse camera ect,to my mk 3 1996, after reading so much about by passing the amp , i came across this on

you will have to do a factory amp intergration wich means using the factory amp. you will have to reinstall the factory amp as it was. then the rest is done from the factory head unit harness. take the factory wire and connect them as so.

batt- blue/yellow

ignition - gray

ground - brown

power antenna - black/red

amp turn on - pink/blue

front left+ black

front left- white

front right+ white

front right- red

rear left+ red

rear left- green

rear right+ yellow

rear right- green

and this will use the factory amp and keep the speakers crossed over and keep your sub running as its supposed to.I gave this to the man at the above company and he wired it in no loss of amp job well done. two hours and 70 pound later so happy .i dont do in car entertainment.The above info might be usefull for you s who can.

Today i had ,,,a firm called Enhance Tel: 01795 510767 Car Audio & Security Car...MAIDSTONE/ SITTINGBOURNE fit my after market double din fully loaded gps tv dvd radio, reverse camera ect,to my mk 3 1996, after reading so much about by passing the amp , i came across this on

you will have to do a factory amp intergration wich means using the factory amp. you will have to reinstall the factory amp as it was. then the rest is done from the factory head unit harness. take the factory wire and connect them as so.

batt- blue/yellow

ignition - gray

ground - brown

amp turn on - pink/blue

front left+ black

front left- white

front right+ white

front right- red

rear left+ red

rear left- green

rear right+ yellow

rear right- green

and this will use the factory amp and keep the speakers crossed over and keep your sub running as its supposed to.I gave this to the man at the above company and he wired it in no loss of amp job well done. two hours and 70 pound later so happy .i dont do in car entertainment.The above info might be usefull for you s who can.

Right I'm a little confused on this. What people mean is that you normally lose the factory amp as the connector for it does not conect to anything on an aftermarket unit. There is two plugs one with the speakers and lines to the back of the car and the other with the power and earths etc.

Looking at your connections you haven't reconected the button illumination lines for the buttons on the centre dash, So can you tell me if they all light up in the night and also your lcd clock etc lights up as they are not listed above.

Also does your aerial always come up when the car is on or when you just active the stereo unit power button?

Let me know more information please.

batt- blue/yellow

ignition - gray

ground - brown

amp turn on - pink/blue

front left+ black

front left- white

front right+ white

front right- red

rear left+ red

rear left- green

rear right+ yellow

rear right- green

Right I'm a little confused on this. What people mean is that you normally lose the factory amp as the connector for it does not conect to anything on an aftermarket unit. There is two plugs one with the speakers and lines to the back of the car and the other with the power and earths etc.

Looking at your connections you haven't reconected the button illumination lines for the buttons on the centre dash, So can you tell me if they all light up in the night and also your lcd clock etc lights up as they are not listed above.

Also does your aerial always come up when the car is on or when you just active the stereo unit power button?

Let me know more information please.

yes all works well no probelms at ,,,this is paper work i gave him ,,weather he did it this way or not ,i would not no as i made his tea,not knowing enough about ice ,is why i got him in to fit it ,all work as it should amp areil as normal.The above info on wireing was off another site, out my league totally to many wires when i looked but bloke was blinding as no amp bypass,my point being is you dont have to do an amp by pass and at 70 bargin i think

yes all works well no probelms at ,,,this is paper work i gave him ,,weather he did it this way or not ,i would not no as i made his tea,not knowing enough about ice ,is why i got him in to fit it ,all work as it should amp areil as normal.The above info on wireing was off another site, out my league totally to many wires when i looked but bloke was blinding as no amp bypass,my point being is you dont have to do an amp by pass and at 70 bargin i think

I've got a similar unit with dvd gps etc fitted.

Never answered my question. What happen to your illumination on the centre buttons. Orange wire must have been connected.

With previous wiring ls owners don't do bypass, You just haven't got the right wires/lives for the factory amp to run properly to make the sub go.

If you get change can you take a pic of the connectors and the wires on the back of the unit all connected. I can then look at my wires to make sense of where I went wrong if any.

I've had a check and the list only contains some of the factory colours and what they are for. So do you have the wires diagram from the unit you fitted to match up the wires?

sorry did not take photo s bolted it all back together was just so happy have it working

Only takes 5 mins to get out.

Flat screwdriver to pop out the surrounds and a phillips screw driver to get the stereo loose. Pull forward and take a pic.

• 3 weeks later...

not tried this yet but its great info! My stereo is on its last legs and I want to retain the stock speakers, sub, amp, etc for now at least. As soon as I have everything fitted I will report back but life is getting in the way a bit at the moment

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links