Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Some Questions :?

Hi there!

today i removed this black panel behind front grill, how good this idea was? my car heats up pretty easy and fans come on often.

IMAG0109.jpg

it came off pretty easy, just few metal clips.

could this be some kind of cold weather package?

2nd question is about cooling fans. today i discovered that one of fans suck air inside engine bay and other sucks out of engine bay? thats quite strange. the one whitch sucks out, blows hot air on outside temperature sender and outside temp is rising. normal or...?

3rd is about AC line

IMAG0110.jpg

is that ok that the line is bent in such sharp angle or....?

at a guess -

1 - no thats just part of the grille you removed - supposed to stay there

2 - sounds normal but dont understand the rising temp gauge bit ????

3 - i think that looks about normal too but ill check mine tomorrow and let you know

ALL ABOVE ARE GUESSES - but as no one else was chipping in i thought i would

thanks for your guesses :D

1. i think completly useless part, reduces air flow to radiator.

hope it wont pop the hood, but what about 'sport' grilles? theyre completly transparent

2. i think it is completly NOT normal :D think of it... what suffers the fan, when going 60+mph and that poor thing blows air in opposite direction :(

as for the outside temp gauge...

sensor is just behind bumper between radiator and bumper, and fan blows hot air out of engine bay right on temp sensor

sorry mate to be honest i think we are losing something in translation here - im finding it a bit tricky to understand what it is you are saying and asking so its hard for me to respond correctly - im sure someone will try to unravel it for you

that plastic part is prob there to stop road depris from going into ur radiator sport grill is metal not plastic so prob wont need it.

as for the rest not sure but it must be like it for a reason cant say ive ever stood there to see about it

Both fans should draw cold air through the rad not blow it out. whats the point of blowing hot air over a radiator. The radiators are there to cool so need cold air through them to work.

Both fans should draw cold air through the rad not blow it out. whats the point of blowing hot air over a radiator. The radiators are there to cool so need cold air through them to work.

As fil said.... Both fans should rotate the same way... The pipe coming from the sightglass is as it should be.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links