Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2 Q's: Tte 'black Box' Clamp Voltage And Valve Timing?

SpOcK

Hiya,

I have basically two questions (and a few 'sub-questions' :blush: ).

1. Does anyone know what exactly is the map signal clamping voltage of the 'black box' ecu included in the TTE S/C kit?

Additionally:

- Does anyone have circuit diagram of such device and also the exact ecu pins is should be connected to?

OR

- Has anyone ever taken such a device apart, for to able to tell me what components it consists of?

2. Does anyone know the valve timing 'curve' or 'map' of a standard 1G-FE engine (degrees vs. load/rpm)?

Any help would be highly appreciated, as these two issues seem to be the biggest hurdles on my twin-turbo project's way. :crying:

EDIT: Sorry if this/these has/have been covered before, but I just spent almost three hours browsing this forum, but couldn't find the answer...

well done stav i thought youd know all that - double dutch to me - as his is tt is he doing a similar thing to you , surprised if he he hasnt read banzai

Thank you SparkyStav for your reply/PM, I really appreciate it! :) This will really help me with the mapping.

Mine is 1G-FE, while Stav's is 1G-GTE (right?). What I'm trying to accomplish here, is to boost the std engine (upgraded internals, though) and have a mappable stand-alone ECU, but to still maintain the original ECU's OBD-II functionality, as required by Finnish legislation.

My second question still remains unanswered, though. Anyone in the know of how std engine operates the inlet valves/cam? Anyone ever scoped this? In my case the inlet cam seems to be retarded at idle, then advancing under load, just to retard again a little before rev limit (~5000 rpm). Is this right? Shouldn't it be advancing all the way until the rev limit?

BR,

Sami

to show the cam angles is pretty impossible with available equipment that i have used, or seen to man on the street

as the timing is in constant varible, it is not dictated by any single imput., imputs to the ecu from inlet temp, engine load, throttle imput all give only part of the infomation to the ecu

i tried to get this info from TTE a few years ago, and there was nothing recorded that even they could get there hands on that showed any definitive scales or graph, to indicate some basic cam angle slope

to show the cam angles is pretty impossible with available equipment that i have used, or seen to man on the street

as the timing is in constant varible, it is not dictated by any single imput., imputs to the ecu from inlet temp, engine load, throttle imput all give only part of the infomation to the ecu

i tried to get this info from TTE a few years ago, and there was nothing recorded that even they could get there hands on that showed any definitive scales or graph, to indicate some basic cam angle slope

Thanks Mat, I value your input! :) I'm not surprised there's no recorded / publicly available data on 1G-FE's cam timing, but maybe we can speculate on this on a generic level, then? My technician took an oscilloscope reading off of the cam, and there's a difference of an opinion whether it operates as it should. Spark and fuel control have been taken away from the command of the std ecu, and are now being controlled by the after market ecu. Therefore inlet manifold length and cam timing are the only things still controlled by the std ecu. Now it seems that @ idle the cam is retarded, advancing towards the middle-range, only to be retarded again to "idle setting" nearer to the rev limiter.

One opinion is that, that's what it's supposed to do, while the other opinion is that the inlet cam should be advancing all the way towards the rev limiter, b/c in higher revs the inertia of the air being inputted/forced into the cylinder overcomes the force of a piston heading towards the TDC. Am I onto something here, or am I totally lost...? :blink:

Any insight would be helpful!

Cheers,

Sami

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links